Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by way2strong
    Quote:

Originally Posted by $Natedatpkid$

What do you mean? GSP and Hendricks were the same size. Way to completely discredit Hendricks wrestling and striking abilities. That was a 50/50 fight. Andersons wrestling has never been great so GSP would smash a 1 legged Silva. What the hell.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Well I was told by a huge follower of the sport that hendricks cuts 30 pounds + for every one of his fights and I believe the source plus its obvious he was way thicker in that ring
    Man ive been following this sport hardcore for 10 years. A year or 2 before I actually got hardcore into boxing. GSP has fought and easily defeated as big if not bigger fighters then Hendricks. Fitch, Kos, Alves and Shields are HUGE WW's that could fight mW no problem. Hell Shields was even champion and defeated MMA all time great Dan Henderson at Middleweight.

Hendricks was arguably the best wrestler GSP ever faced. Koschek is the only fighter you could make an arguement that was better. GSP has been wrestling heavy since he was upset KO'd by Serra. This was the first guy he couldnt bully with his wrestling not to mention Hendricks dirty boxing was crucial on the feet.

Not to mention your making it sound like Hendricks was too big and smashed him when its just not true. Like I said it was a 50/50 fight. The whole MMA community is split on who won. It was that close.

Silva doesnt care if hes taken down which is why his wrestling is awful. A weight drained Travis freakin Lutter took him down with the most laziest slowest robotic takedowns with ease until he got caught in a triangle and vicoously elbowed. If you search MMA forums over the last 5 years when they have BEGGED for this fight the predictions have been 50/50 or 60/40 at best in favor Silva. GSPs wrestling and ground game is a nightmare for Silva. Silva with one good leg doesnt stand a chance even against a faded GSP.

You know ive been a GSP hater for a long, long time but hes won me over as a fan recently coming back from a horrible torn knee ligament himself and fought to hell in back with Condit, Diaz, and Hendricks in WARS. Yet its funny he finally gives us epic fights and now people want to act like hes garbage now.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
      Man ive been following this sport hardcore for 10 years. A year or 2 before I actually got hardcore into boxing. GSP has fought and easily defeated as big if not bigger fighters then Hendricks. Fitch, Kos, Alves and Shields are HUGE WW's that could fight mW no problem. Hell Shields was even champion and defeated MMA all time great Dan Henderson at Middleweight.

Hendricks was arguably the best wrestler GSP ever faced. Koschek is the only fighter you could make an arguement that was better. GSP has been wrestling heavy since he was upset KO'd by Serra. This was the first guy he couldnt bully with his wrestling not to mention Hendricks dirty boxing was crucial on the feet.

Not to mention your making it sound like Hendricks was too big and smashed him when its just not true. Like I said it was a 50/50 fight. The whole MMA community is split on who won. It was that close.

Silva doesnt care if hes taken down which is why his wrestling is awful. A weight drained Travis freakin Lutter took him down with the most laziest slowest robotic takedowns with ease until he got caught in a triangle and vicoously elbowed. If you search MMA forums over the last 5 years when they have BEGGED for this fight the predictions have been 50/50 or 60/40 at best in favor Silva. GSPs wrestling and ground game is a nightmare for Silva. Silva with one good leg doesnt stand a chance even against a faded GSP.

You know ive been a GSP hater for a long, long time but hes won me over as a fan recently coming back from a horrible torn knee ligament himself and fought to hell in back with Condit, Diaz, and Hendricks in WARS. Yet its funny he finally gives us epic fights and now people want to act like hes garbage now.

I dont follow the sport but I did watch alot of those GSP fights mentioned and he won them all with ease minus the hendricks fight which i scored a win for GSP using MMA guide lines ... theres no way he beats anderson silva man throw gsp in with guy who be silva and watch him toss him around like a rag doll

Comment

Big guy going after the smaller guy... no hespect for you, Mr. Silva. Anyway, you need to focus on healing. No fighting for you for quite a while.

Comment

Once again Silva calling out the smaller fighter, I never see him calling out Jones despite being only like an inch or two shorter. They get to the same weight in the off season too. Don't see it happening to be fair but never say never.

Comment

^GSP is the one who actually fought a smaller guy in BJ Penn before, it was a superfight where his opponent had to go up a weightclass to face him. Anderson has beaten champions and former champions in 3 different weight classes, and his last fights where he lost were against a much bigger and stronger guy.

Anyway, this never had a chance of happening when they were both champions, maybe now that neither are it can happen for some reason. But I still doubt it and don't really care for this fight anymore. Silva should just heal up and fight an easy opponent when he comes back.
            Last edited by BKM-2010; 01-08-2014, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Spider's bones are brittle now, it aint good for him.

Go for Roy Jones vs Anderson Silva ! lol:bukkake:

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                and his last fights where he lost were against a much bigger and stronger guy.
                They're basically the same size. Weidman only has a slightly better reach.

Comment

Lol Anderson has fought at light heavyweight, its a damn shame

Fight Shogun, Gustafsson

But trying to fight GSP now lol, GSP is not even active

He doesnt want to retire with that wack resume, but it really wasnt his fault of the lack of talent in his division

Comment

Why would he fight Jones after the way he looked vs Weidman? Jones is 10x better then Weidman could ever dream to be. No doubt Anderson smashes GSP in his prime but now GSP would easily be the favorite after a brutal injury like that.

Based on what? him beating on MWs like Belfort.. Machida.. Sonnen.. DUE TO HIS MASSIVE SIZE AND REACH difference.. You should probably add shogun to the list but he is too lazy to cut. The only fighter he has fought who was similar in size and reach.. he got beaten badly and left on a stretcher.. if he wasn't a top UFC guy.. i doubt he would have got that decision over Gus either.

Weidman smashed the prime out of Silva.. i never heard anyone suggest Silva was slipping.. when he destroyed Sonnen (by cheating), Okami and Bonnar.. you were probably jizzing your pants at his antics in the cage.

GSP VS Silva is a 50/50 fight at ANY stage.. GSP doesn't have a great chin.. Anderson TD is not great..

Weidman is a better fighter then Jones.. he has excellent striking defence.. Jones Striking defence is to try and eye poke you.. but we saw how that worked when he was met with someone with equal reach... OH and his much loved Takedowns?? he couldn't land ****.. he got 1 when Gus was so exhuasted and almost koed by an elbow.. and then Gus still got up within 2 seconds

I'd love to see Weidman take on Jones.. i don't think the reach/size is so in favor of Jones as most of his other fights.. but i will check..

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                    Once again Silva calling out the smaller fighter, I never see him calling out Jones despite being only like an inch or two shorter. They get to the same weight in the off season too. Don't see it happening to be fair but never say never.
                    Silva NEVER wanted to fight Weidman lol.. especially in the first fight.. in the second Dana said HE WANTED it.. but really who believes what Dana says? When i saw Silva at the weigh ins/entrance i saw a guy lookin like he was walking to the gallows Edd Stark/Games of thrones style..

With Sonnen the second fight was exactly the same.. he had to be pushed and pushed by Dana and Sonnen..

No way Anderson would face someone like Jones a bit strong wrestler.. who has reach to negate his counter game

Comment

News comes from MMAJunkie.com is that Anderson Silvas reps want GSP when he comes back from injury.

Absolutely horrible idea in my eyes. A third straight loss for Anderson or a GSP loss(which would def be his last fight since he said he'd never go back to 170 after going to 185) after a highly disputed Hendricks win would be devastating to either of their legacy.

If its going to happen I think GSP should beat whoever's WW champ first to clear the air there, while Anderson gets a top 20 level comeback fight to test out his leg. Give him Uriah Hall, Carmont, Belcher or Chung Le. Then give him Michael Bisping before GSP because I always wanted to see him tear that ****s head off.
                      Terrible idea and even if it does materialize, it is not going to be the "super fight" that it would have been before Anderson's back to back losses. It's like trying to say that having a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight today would be the same as what it would have been 3-4 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X