name the fastest fighters in the traditional weight classes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name the fastest fighters in the traditional weight classes

I will start off with two one there may be little debate. Ali at hw
    the other may have some Ismael Laguna Lightweight.

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
    I will start off with two one there may be little debate. Ali at hw
    the other may have some Ismael Laguna Lightweight.
    Hmmm...fastest 135'er I saw was Mosley. Laguna is a nice underrated shout
    126 - Gamboa? Pac?
    135- Mosley
    147 - Leonard maybe.
    160 RJJ
    175 RJJ
    Heavyweight - Ali/Floyd Patterson

Comment

How about Robinson at 147 and 160?

Comment

so here I go

126: Pacquiao/Pep
        135: Whitaker surely
        147: Leonard, no one was a quicker combination puncher, not even Robinson
        160: Robinson, can't really say RJJ cos he wasn't fighting at the highest level at 160 for long enough
        175: RJJ
        HW: Ali, bar none

Comment

I always have a problem answering this because pure quickness and the exact measure of when a punch lands from start to finish are, ina sense two different qualities.

Great technique arrives because of efficiency. So Floyd Mayweather's punch may arrive at the same time that Zab Judah's does, but...Judah gets there because of pure speed and Mayweather because of mechanics.

I will say that some of the fastest guys I have seen are Judah, Andy Ruiz, Whitaker, Roy JOnes, Camacho....and many more.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            I always have a problem answering this because pure quickness and the exact measure of when a punch lands from start to finish are, ina sense two different qualities.

Great technique arrives because of efficiency. So Floyd Mayweather's punch may arrive at the same time that Zab Judah's does, but...Judah gets there because of pure speed and Mayweather because of mechanics.

I will say that some of the fastest guys I have seen are Judah, Andy Ruiz, Whitaker, Roy JOnes, Camacho....and many more.

andy ruiz... the fat guy?

Comment

The fastest fighters in terms punching that I ever saw is Meldrick Taylor, Hector Camacho, Ali, Leonard, Roy, Pac.

Comment

Meldrick Taylor was fast as hell at junior welterweight.

But by the time he moved to 147 the Chavez beating had happened and taken away a little something from him.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  so here I go

126: Pacquiao/Pep
                  135: Whitaker surely
                  147: Leonard, no one was a quicker combination puncher, not even Robinson
                  160: Robinson, can't really say RJJ cos he wasn't fighting at the highest level at 160 for long enough
                  175: RJJ
                  HW: Ali, bar none
                  Whitaker had excellent speed, but there are plenty of fighters faster than him, particularly at 135.

Floyd and Mosley were certainly quicker than Whitaker at 135.

Robinson also wasn't that quick at 160. 147 yes, but not 160.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    andy ruiz... the fat guy?
                    Yes....I wanted to mention guys not already mentioned, i.e. obviously Ali was incredibly fast and quick....Ruiz has extremely fast hands. Actually so does Telefio Stephenson.

Comment

Working...
                    X