Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how good is mayweather in cutting off the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes this interesting is that Mayweather is THE MAN in boxing. You can't really run from him all night unless you want to make a joke of yourself. You have to score against this man when you can. He'll give you opportunities he sets up himself, coupled with his defense its probably just a confidence drainer and by the later rounds he's in control fully.

Comment

This is what he meant when he said where were half of these boxers when he was dominating in 1996-97.
      He's been a superior boxer since the beginning, when you saw him you said, this kid is special, he's going to be something great. He didn't all of a sudden become great overnight.

Comment

Floyd does cut off the ring very well. Even though I think he's a cherry picking rich coward he has exceptional skills.

Comment

Mayweather never cuts off the ring because he is a counterpuncher. His opponents try to cut off the ring.

Comment

He's definitely great at it. But you don't need to cut off the ring against Khan because his attacks are very predictable, all you gotta do is wait for the jab-right hand or left hook-right hand combo and then counter him.

Comment

He's pretty good at cutting off the ring, but he only does it against guys that can't fight off their back foot.

Comment

No problem with the additional $5 million Khan will receive to take it easy on him.

Comment

at least great

Only time I seen him struggle to cut off the ring was those couple of rounds in the Cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    khans gonna be on his bike. quick 1-2s then getting quickly getting out of the way so mayweathers ability to cut off the ring is gonna be vital.

we havent seen money may have to do much of it so i thought who better to ask than the boxing scholars of NSB.
                    Floyd is a defensive fighter. He doesn't go for the kayo.

Comment

from what i've seen vs judah, about as good as pacquiao

never really chased a good mover though, or a guy running to survive

Comment

Working...
                      X