No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Mayweather Needs Me, I Don't Need Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b4real View Post
    For the past few months on my days off, up until the Clottey fight. I have watched every Floyd fight from 00-10. I tried for Pac but couldn't find them all ..... Came close to bout 80 % of his fights..... All you guys have to be utterly ****ing brain dead or blind.... Bc pac and floyd are no where near on the same level wtf....

lets break down Pac fight skills..... Superb power in both hands, fast ,punching from all angles..... Ok what else, absolutely nothing else..... Things all good boxers (not fighters) need.... A good fight stance Pac has never even learned correct fighting positioning ..... This guy foot work consist of getting in and out up and back... Have you ever wonder why he's battered every effin fight... With all that so called speed he couldn't side step a punch to save his life.... Now to this world renowned punches and bunches BS..... Pac throws straight rights and lefts, full extend from mid section high, hunched back outwards like igor lol....With every thing from neck up fully exposed(which for counter punchers i.e. Marguez Mayweather hell at times even Clottey, it's like shooting fish in a barrel with a target so big.)

Now to the worst thing that Pac does with his beloved combos... Watch the tapes... When he throws his combos he never has one anchor foot down lol amateurish.... he jumps up in the air, off both feet just asking to be countered with straight rights and left hooks.... Then completely flat foot once again firing away in that Igor stance, what happens next he is so planted plus with the ability to not side step , eats uppercut after uppercut.... Pac is a great fighter with, a great team..... Pacs success at the higher weights are fairly obvious he was faster then all the WW's he fought so he doesn't get caught as much, like when he was fighting the little fast guys....

Now to floyd defense that is only dreamed about .... Foot work like A well oiled machine. The ability to fight going forwards backwards, even fights and defends his best on the ROPES. Honestly Floyd doesn't have hand power but what he does have is core strength... I watched all the fights once again... Floyd has been the smaller guy in 90 % of his fights ....With that being said, he man handles and dictates the fight to the bigger guys...Tying them up pushing them wrestling them into frustration and exhaustion.... what do they all say after the fights (I didnt know he was that strong) .... after floyd beat these guys to have them bowing down to his greatness.... The all look like deer in the head lights after losing ( ko tko stoppage or ud) he didnt hurt me i just couldn't see the shots, i had him tho....

This is what i see in a Pac-Floyd fight ..... Pac comes out hot as a 2 dollar pistol... Swing away at floyd, Floyd taste pac power and see that he is the real deal.... From that point on floyd will know that Pac can ko him.... So mostly like Floyd will start to smoother him like he did, Hatton DLH Judah Ndou Gatti Corrales Castillo Etc..... Tying them up making them support his in their weight for 4 for rounds or so letting them fight him with his back to the ropes missing nearly every punch fired (watch the tapes).....

What happens next they either lose a step or get frustrated .... Depend on what round this happens if you lose you cool before the start of the 3 round your getting stopped (watch the tapes) after 5or 6 he'll just slip and duck you all night and go for the ud bc he is so confident he call when all the late rounds (watch the tapes)... With watching these tapes there is a clear cut decision and its either Floyd by stoppage or an easy UD, Manny will dictate which one tho....

only chances manyy has is to catch Floyd like Hatton ..... B4real now, Roach and Arum know this they been in the game for along time.....

say wtf you want go (WATCH THE ****ING TAPES) and don't try to rewrite history......
    it is not that easy cut and dry. every fighter presents problems

floyd wasnt slick against agustus, jlc for two fights or judah who outboxed him easily for the first 4 rounds and even scored a knockdown...not saying floyd wouldnt beat pac, i think he would, but it wouldnt be because he is so slick pac couldnt touch him, it would be because he is much taller and has the frame and size to withstand pacs power along with his competitive quickness.....outright, floyd is too big for pac

Comment

• Originally posted by el rey View Post
      Good sir, I am not Burt Sugar nor am I Larry Merchant or Emmanuel Steward. I am just a simple aficionado and no disrespect to Pacquiao, but if you think Pacquiao would crack the Top 30 ATG list, then 1) You don't know boxing or 2) You need to take Manny's testicles out of your throat to think clearly.

Top 50. AT BEST!
      I agree Top 50 at best. The reason why is because at the end of his career a decade from now, people will look deeper into his resume. Failin to take on Bradley, Mosley, Mayweather, Valero, and Marquez again will push him back. If you think of how many ATG there are in boxing it would be pretty hard to prove his worth is above him. To me the only reason why he makes top 50 is b.c he has 7 titles in 7 weight classes, but that does make him top 30.

Comment

• Originally posted by tru2boxingfan View Post
        To me the only reason why he makes top 50 is b.c he has 7 titles in 7 weight classes, but that does make him top 30.
        It's far more than that. Moving all the way from a lineal title at Flyweight to completely beating up two of the four top Welterweights is a feat no other boxer has ever achieved, not even close. He didn't just beat Cotto and Clottey, he absolutely outclassed both of them. And one of the Welters he beat up had beaten Mosley not very long before.

Plus four lineal titles is far more important than 7 alphabet belts. The Lightweight belt in particular means almost nothing, but no one has ever won 4 lineal titles in four weight divisions before him.

Finally, the extent to which his technique has improved over the years (whereas most fighters stop learning and begin to atrophy in their mid-20s) would also raise his standing in the ATG lists.

Like Henry Armstrong was, he's a force of nature, whose combination of pure fighting instinct, workrate, speed, power and footwork allows him to dominate much bigger men than himself - and before anyone claims that only a nuthugger would call him that, boxing experts and historians regularly describe him as such, including the ones that idiotic poster "el rey" named earlier (Sugar, Merchant, Steward, etc).
        Last edited by Dave Rado; 03-23-2010, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by b4real View Post
          For the past few months on my days off, up until the Clottey fight. I have watched every Floyd fight from 00-10. I tried for Pac but couldn't find them all ..... Came close to bout 80 % of his fights..... All you guys have to be utterly ****ing brain dead or blind.... Bc pac and floyd are no where near on the same level wtf....

lets break down Pac fight skills..... Superb power in both hands, fast ,punching from all angles..... Ok what else, absolutely nothing else..... Things all good boxers (not fighters) need.... A good fight stance Pac has never even learned correct fighting positioning ..... This guy foot work consist of getting in and out up and back... Have you ever wonder why he's battered every effin fight... With all that so called speed he couldn't side step a punch to save his life.... Now to this world renowned punches and bunches BS..... Pac throws straight rights and lefts, full extend from mid section high, hunched back outwards like igor lol....With every thing from neck up fully exposed(which for counter punchers i.e. Marguez Mayweather hell at times even Clottey, it's like shooting fish in a barrel with a target so big.)

Now to the worst thing that Pac does with his beloved combos... Watch the tapes... When he throws his combos he never has one anchor foot down lol amateurish.... he jumps up in the air, off both feet just asking to be countered with straight rights and left hooks.... Then completely flat foot once again firing away in that Igor stance, what happens next he is so planted plus with the ability to not side step , eats uppercut after uppercut.... Pac is a great fighter with, a great team..... Pacs success at the higher weights are fairly obvious he was faster then all the WW's he fought so he doesn't get caught as much, like when he was fighting the little fast guys....

Now to floyd defense that is only dreamed about .... Foot work like A well oiled machine. The ability to fight going forwards backwards, even fights and defends his best on the ROPES. Honestly Floyd doesn't have hand power but what he does have is core strength... I watched all the fights once again... Floyd has been the smaller guy in 90 % of his fights ....With that being said, he man handles and dictates the fight to the bigger guys...Tying them up pushing them wrestling them into frustration and exhaustion.... what do they all say after the fights (I didnt know he was that strong) .... after floyd beat these guys to have them bowing down to his greatness.... The all look like deer in the head lights after losing ( ko tko stoppage or ud) he didnt hurt me i just couldn't see the shots, i had him tho....

This is what i see in a Pac-Floyd fight ..... Pac comes out hot as a 2 dollar pistol... Swing away at floyd, Floyd taste pac power and see that he is the real deal.... From that point on floyd will know that Pac can ko him.... So mostly like Floyd will start to smoother him like he did, Hatton DLH Judah Ndou Gatti Corrales Castillo Etc..... Tying them up making them support his in their weight for 4 for rounds or so letting them fight him with his back to the ropes missing nearly every punch fired (watch the tapes).....

What happens next they either lose a step or get frustrated .... Depend on what round this happens if you lose you cool before the start of the 3 round your getting stopped (watch the tapes) after 5or 6 he'll just slip and duck you all night and go for the ud bc he is so confident he call when all the late rounds (watch the tapes)... With watching these tapes there is a clear cut decision and its either Floyd by stoppage or an easy UD, Manny will dictate which one tho....

only chances manyy has is to catch Floyd like Hatton ..... B4real now, Roach and Arum know this they been in the game for along time.....

say wtf you want go (WATCH THE ****ING TAPES) and don't try to rewrite history......
          what an effort.

so u mean if pac wins, like in hatton fashion..it will be a fluke (btw, hatton in the 1st round was hurt..he then had a break to recover from. in second round isnt he still recovered?).

u say pbf will realize pac a big deal..so u should analyze too how strong pac is.

ur analysis is one sided too. how bout pacs fight plan, u dont consider it?

since u do have an effort to write this long.

why dont u give us alibis, rather future reasons why pbf loses to pac aside from a fluke.

Comment

• I will give you a reason why I don't think Pac can beat Floyd....

Originally posted by led View Post
            what an effort.

so u mean if pac wins, like in hatton fashion..it will be a fluke (btw, hatton in the 1st round was hurt..he then had a break to recover from. in second round isnt he still recovered?).

u say pbf will realize pac a big deal..so u should analyze too how strong pac is.

ur analysis is one sided too. how bout pacs fight plan, u dont consider it?

since u do have an effort to write this long.

why dont u give us alibis, rather future reasons why pbf loses to pac aside from a fluke.

NUFF SAID!

"We'll have a change in sparring partners and style because Mayweather is so different than our last four opponents [Cotto, Ricky Hatton, De La Hoya and David Diaz]. We have to study him really hard. But I know Mayweather really well. I just need Manny to see what I see." Freddie Roach.

TRANSLATION:

Manny Pacquiao ain't ready for Floyd
            even after his best performances.

Comment

• Damn. Come on guys, 43 pages aren't enough.

Comment

Working...
              X