Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meldrick Taylor vs Amir Khan at 140, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i missed one thing in my translation

"i've never even heard of meldrick taylor."
    lmfao, spot on!

Comment

khan's a runner who fights in flurries

taylor had FOOTWORK and he could box. smart footwork.

taylor via stoppage.

the only advantage khan would have is his size. he's much taller and much longer.
      everything else favors taylor.

i've noticed recently that khan's not listed as tall as he used to be

it really is amazing to see how fighters are "hyped / promoted" early in their careers. ithink they wanted khan to appear like a truer welterweight for eventual fights with mayweather or pacquiao, so they listed him as taller than he was. i used to see figures that khan was 5'11, FFS!. dude is 5'9" at maximum! probably 5'8", looking at pictures.

here's devon alexander, who i've met, and whose head i could clearly see over. i'm not tall at all. only about 5'9", which is a bit below average in the states, and would be on the short side in europe. i'm pretty sure alexander was about 5'6". i could see clearly over his head. juan urango, who i also met that night, was up to my chin. probably 5'4".

in summary, khan wouldn't even be much taller than taylor, who was probably 5'7" or 5'6" himself. i was reading fudged khan dimensions

khan gets murdered. taylor had a solid chin, ridiculous speed, and he had great boxing fundamentals. and he was tough. khan's tough, too, but he's got a chin like a damp biscuit.

khan would have a 3-5 inch reach advantage on paper, and an inch or two of height, and that's about it

Comment

Taylor knocks out Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
          Interesting match-up.

Who wins?
          I think Khan is bigger, isn't he? Taller with more reach? Just the way it seems to me on screen, plus I think Taylor was 5'7'' with Khan currently listed at 5'8'' although I've seen him listed as 5'10'' at times. Khan definitely looks to have the longer reach and the faster hands. Taylor was better at moving in and out and at ad smarter too. Both guys relied on their physical gifts rather than pure technicality or power.

I'd edge it Khan by a narrow margin, a good big fighter beats a good small fighter, or so the saying goes.

Comment

taylor would absolutely play with khan from the 3rd round on. he gets stopped soon after that. taylor was mean in there when he wanted to be and the smack talk would leave meldrick with an itch to stop things abruptly.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              I think Khan is bigger, isn't he? Taller with more reach? Just the way it seems to me on screen, plus I think Taylor was 5'7'' with Khan currently listed at 5'8'' although I've seen him listed as 5'10'' at times. Khan definitely looks to have the longer reach and the faster hands. Taylor was better at moving in and out and at ad smarter too. Both guys relied on their physical gifts rather than pure technicality or power.

I'd edge it Khan by a narrow margin, a good big fighter beats a good small fighter, or so the saying goes.

this needs to stop

khan flails compared to taylor, who turned his hands over and got his full body into most of his combinations. khan throws flurries, and even those were not as fast as taylor's hands. khan throws a lot of arm punches. he does well to mix in a hard shot at the end or somwehere in the flurry, but for the most part he's just moving his arms and upper body, which doesn't generate the kind of power taylor generated.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                taylor would absolutely play with khan from the 3rd round on. he gets stopped soon after that. taylor was mean in there when he wanted to be and the smack talk would leave meldrick with an itch to stop things abruptly.

i think a lot of people forget that taylor had a mean streak because of his handspeed, and being outlasted and wearing down in his only great fight [chavez 1.] he was a phildelphia fighter in an era where guys coming out of philly gyms had been in freaking wars in the ams and sparring. he had a good chin and he was tough.

khan's very tough, but his chin is soft as baby food. he got timed and knocked out by danny freaking garcia, a lesser counterpuncher than chavez sr

Comment

i think a lot of people forget that taylor had a mean streak because of his handspeed, and being outlasted and wearing down in his only great fight [chavez 1.] he was a phildelphia fighter in an era where guys coming out of philly gyms had been in freaking wars in the ams and sparring. he had a good chin and he was tough.

khan's very tough, but his chin is soft as baby food. he got timed and knocked out by danny freaking garcia, a lesser counterpuncher than chavez sr
                  the bolded-you made mention of that fraternity in the prior paragraph so you were making sense until then.

make no mistake about it, on any level outside of ticket sales, danny > con in the ring.

for those of you with the obvious but khan's faster ... timing, ladies.

Comment

Meldrik would humiliate the Con! Queen Khan!
                    The Glass jaw king Khan???

Khan, well needs a sticker or a Tattoo on his chin, "Fragile! Handle with care!"

Last edited by Zaroku; 01-02-2016, 02:33 PM.

Comment

A lot of hand speed in this fight...

Taylor would massacre khan... Khan's main strength is that he usually has the advantage in hand speed.. Vs Taylor, khan would be the slower guy and meldrick would tattoo him all night long

Comment

Working...
                      X