Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys look at the shoulders or the head in spar/fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys look at the shoulders or the head in spar/fights?

Lately when I spar, i notice that I get tagged/countered a lot when i am focusing on the target I want to hit when I punch. Then if i focus on the shoulders I can see this opponents hands move and know what punch is coming and can block/slip it. But when I do this, my offensive output drops and my punches aren't as accurate. Where do you guys keep your eyes at to avoid getting hit? Or will i learn to just be able to put it all together and look at my target and then back at the shoulders and expect something to be thrown back with experience? Thanks!!

defocus your eye around their chest, you fight with your peripherals

Comment

Both. I am constantly looking at my opponent's eyes & chest to make sure I know whats up. I notice sometimes people will feint with their eyes (look at my body and then punch to the head) so its good to keep an eye on both their head and their chest.

Comment

I've found that looking at their hands has been what works best for me. Looking at their eyes can be deceiving as someone else pointed out.

Comment

I've found that looking at their hands has been what works best for me. Looking at their eyes can be deceiving as someone else pointed out.
          I do something similar, except I try to focus on the hands and shoulders to a certain extent. Over time I've learned that keeping my head slightly lowered and chin tucked while moving into my offense works the best. This kinda limits my view to the mid section, hands, shoulders and neck area during an exchange.

I also try to hit whatever is available until I can figure out my opponents game plan, strengths / weaknesses, etc.

Comment

I look at there jabing hand and head

Comment

Stare at the upper middle chest but put the focus on your peripherals. Someone above me Said it also I believe. Works well for me. I know lots of ppl at my gym look at the head but, w.e works best for you really.

Comment

Working...
              X