Collapse
No announcement yet.

Artur Szpilka vs. Bryant Jennings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm gonna go with the over 8.5 on this one, on the assumption of a likely Jennings UD.

I think Jennings could get more KOs but he is not the biggest risk taker.

Szpitka has been caught and hurt of course in the past, but generally recovered quickly and has survival ability.

Comment

Szpilka's footwork for a heavyweight is impressive.

Comment

Jennings by a close but clear decision. If it were 12 rounds instead of 10 I would consider picking him by late KO.

As is Jennings doesn't hit hard enough and Szpilka has shown enough survival skills to make me think he can survive a couple knockdowns if he had to.

Jennings is too precise and accurate a puncher for the Pole. I expect Szpilka to look good for 2 or 3 rounds while Jennings feels him out. Once Jennings gets his rhythm I expect him to start picking his opponent apart. I expect Szpilka to make matters worse by getting frustrated by Jennings and getting wild and leaving himself open more often to get hit.

Comment

I put my money where my mouth is and took the over on this one. I'm feeling pretty confident. The biggest dangers I can see are a Szpitka ko or an accidental headbutt. It is southpaw vs orthodox and szpitka has been involved in headbutts.

I don't think a Szpitka knockout is that likely, other than by homerun shot. However, this is a step up for Jennings and it is entirely possible he's not as good as I think.

I'm pretty new to betting so still learning as I go along, but I've been following odds for a while and of course picking fights forever.

Once again, Jennings UD. I feel it is as close to a sure thing as you will get in a heavyweight fight.

Comment

Jennings by KO

Comment

Anybody up for a bet? I got all my points on Szpilka.

Comment

Comment

Not bad for a mechanic with 2 years of amateur experience.

Comment

I'm so glad I took the over instead of Jennings by decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X