Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is Ward-Dawson gonna be similar to Bradley-Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Black fighters with opposite stances so yeah, that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      Its a shame the bold is being left out when people talk about this fight so far in this thread. I don't think it will be a boring fight but I also like to see skills and chess matches more than just a drunken brawl in the ring.
      The level of talent between these two is staggering. Casual fans won't understand it & hardcore fans that hate this fight should be ashamed of themselves. After all it will be hard to name a fighter this year or recently that had this level of talent on display.

Furthermore Ward has dominated fighters with ease. He may not have that stopping power but his beatdowns are delivered almost effortlessly & precise. Dawson has shown flashes of greatness but he fights down to opponents levels. If he fights to the level of opposition with Ward, he'll be fighting on the most elite level of the sport. I simply cannot wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        The level of talent between these two is staggering. Casual fans won't understand it & hardcore fans that hate this fight should be ashamed of themselves. After all it will be hard to name a fighter this year or recently that had this level of talent on display.

Furthermore Ward has dominated fighters with ease. He may not have that stopping power but his beatdowns are delivered almost effortlessly & precise. Dawson has shown flashes of greatness but he fights down to opponents levels. If he fights to the level of opposition with Ward, he'll be fighting on the most elite level of the sport. I simply cannot wait!!
        Couldn't have said it better myself. I know and love what I am about to watch with Ward vs Dawson. I feel the same about the bold.

Comment

Bring your pillow, the only knockout gonna be me falling asleep on my couch.

Comment

It'll be dull if you don't like a chess match fight. 2 highly skilled boxers, the level of talent in that ring will be crazy. The only bad thing is it could turn into a clinch fest, and even if Ward wins, he'll be getting no credit because of the weight. I'm hyped because it's two of my favorite fighters, but I'd be through the roof hyped if Ward was going up to 175 for this fight.

Comment

It won't make any new boxing fans that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                Not going to look too much different than the Nard fight I'd imagine, with Ward doing a whole lot more than Nard did for the win obviously.

Not sure if anyone liked the Pascal/Dawson fight, but I thought that fight was entertaining as hell. I doubt it's anywhere near that. I do feel like Dawson will try and be the aggressor once again though, so I expect countering into clinches and some great inside work from Ward. Won't be easy on the eyes.
                I thought The Dawson that fought Pascal was the worst Dawson I ever saw. I hope and expect him to fight much better against Ward and I think he has a good chance to win.

Comment

No Ward will pressure Dawson but unlike Alexander he will stand his ground keep circling and box instead of constantly moving around the ring I love technical fights some might find them boring not me

Comment

I like the quality of the match-up, but not the style clash itself. Ward tends to clinch a lot, and it'll most likely happen against Dawson because of the height/reach difference. Both guys are patient and aren't really known for pushing the pace either. This is gonna be a chess match no doubt about it, with a few good exchanges.

Comment

A fight that's definitely one for the purists, like myself. Problem with these kind of fights is for the 'casual' fan is that they don't look that pleasing on the eye live, but when you watch a second or third time you appreciate the skill set, versatility and defensive qualities on show. I'm really looking forward to this, Ward's toughest challenge to date and I'm interested to see how he beats someone who's taller than him but also very athletic and a good all round boxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X