Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

high arch, low arch what diference does it make?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high arch, low arch what diference does it make?

why do runners pay attention to this, is it helpful to use the right arc shoes, what are the benefits?

Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
    why do runners pay attention to this, is it helpful to use the right arc shoes, what are the benefits?
    if you have a low arch your foot tends to roll inwards which can cause injuries and if you have a high arch your foot tends to roll out which can also cause injuries. things like issues with your knees back it band ect.

if you have a low arch you get a shoe with a high arch and extra arch support if you have a high arch you get a show with a low arch and less arch support.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
      if you have a low arch your foot tends to roll inwards which can cause injuries and if you have a high arch your foot tends to roll out which can also cause injuries. things like issues with your knees back it band ect.

if you have a low arch you get a shoe with a high arch and extra arch support if you have a high arch you get a show with a low arch and less arch support.
      Dam, I do have those kind of problems, I have a high arch so I must buy me some low arch ones, do you recommend any breand or types mister Sully??

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
        Dam, I do have those kind of problems, I have a high arch so I must buy me some low arch ones, do you recommend any breand or types mister Sully??
        i wear brooks, new balance are good.

though thats more for distance training, if your doing strength training and sprinting id recommend the vibram five fingers.

just go to an athletic shoe store ask them measure your foot to see if you have a high or low arch then ask to try on some of the shoes that are in the store with corresponding arch support (weak arch/low arch support if your arch is high) and are in your price range. then just chose the one that you find most comfortable. lots of stores have a return policy, find out if the store you go to does and the conditions in the event your not too sure about the shoe.
        Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 04-15-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
          i wear brooks, new balance are good.

though thats more for distance training, if your doing strength training and sprinting id recommend the vibram five fingers.

just go to an athletic shoe store ask them measure your foot to see if you have a high or low arch then ask to try on some of the shoes that are in the store with corresponding arch support (weak arch/low arch support if your arch is high) and are in your price range. then just chose the one that you find most comfortable. lots of stores have a return policy, find out if the store you go to does and the conditions in the event your not too sure about the shoe.
          Cool, I dont run anymore due to my left knee, but ill be an intern as a PE coach on august so ill be standing up for around 7 hours and I want some good shoes to support me, because some shoes trigger back pain for me more than others...

Comment

Go to a proper running store and ask the people there. They'll be able to measure and check your gait to find the best sort of shoe.

Comment

Working...
            X