No announcement yet.

Lets be honest pavlik would be a bum without his power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roe View Post
    Umm not really. He isn't even that heavy handed really. It's more down to his size and strength at middleweight and earlier in his career he did the basics pretty well and used his physical advantages. As he's stepped up in his career against the better, faster, slicker boxers in Hopkins and Martinez, he's been beaten. No real shame in that and it certainly doesn't make him a bum. Kelly would still beat most world rated middleweights right now because it isn't that strong a division. The talent mostly comes from below (Martinez, Williams, Margarito etc) and above in the Super Middleweight division.
    The bold is one of the dumbest things I heard all weekend (no disrespect meant cause someone of HBO said that as well). How the hell can people say that Pavlik doesn't have power. If he doesn't have power then who does? SMH

Comment

Originally posted by Travdog View Post
      The bold is one of the dumbest things I heard all weekend (no disrespect meant cause someone of HBO said that as well). How the hell can people say that Pavlik doesn't have power. If he doesn't have power then who does? SMH
      What I meant was that it isn't a case of Pavlik just having power as the original post seems to suggest. Of course Kelly can punch, but he isn't that much of an explosive power puncher that it's the only way he wins fights.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyx19 View Post
        Mayweather would get KTFO every fight if it wasn't for his defense. Pacquiao would be on the streets if it wasn't for his conditioning. You take away any fighter's strength they become useless.
        this is exactly my thoughts.

Comment

His power always seemed overrated to me.

Comment

Originally posted by z0jo View Post
            I see pavlik getting way too much respect around here for being a club fighter, lets be honest here if it wasn't for his power this unathletic bum would be a nobody.
            I know it's already been said, but... you have a ****ing Abraham avatar.

AWESOME contradiction.

I'm sure low workrate, short armed Abraham would dominate all comers if he was a featherfist.

Comment

Working...
            X