Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nazim Richardson going in on Dawson for quitting.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nazim Richardson going in on Dawson for quitting.

Basically calling him out for quitting after he gave Hopkins a hard time for getting injured after Dawson gave him that D.D.T

PC: I know you wanted to speak on a situation regarding Chad Dawson that's been kind of getting to you. What's up?

NR: Yeah, I definitely wanted to get something official on record about the Dawson/Ward thing. I said I gotta talk to Perc because I was disturbed when I heard it. I was disturbed at a statement that was made. Chad Dawson said that he was a throwback fighter. Now, the problem I got with that Perc, and like I said, I don't really ever chime in on what goes on in the media, but the first thing I wanna say that I want you to put out there is this is the personal opinion of Brother Naazim. This ain't got nothing to do with Bernard Hopkins. Bernard Hopkins don't have nothing to do with this statement that I'm about to make because Bernard might argue this statement. For real for real, Bernard might disagree with me on what I'm saying here, but that's okay, this is just my perspective. My thing is, because you get by Bernard Hopkins, you don't get the rights to his persona. You don't get the keys to his home; you don't get the keys to the car and become Bernard Hopkins because you squeak by him. And what I mean by that and my example of that is this, Muhammad Ali knocks out Sonny Liston...that doesn't make Muhammad Ali a puncher. It doesn't mean that now Muhammad Ali is a puncher since he knocked out Sonny Liston, who is known as a puncher. I was just disturbed by that statement when I heard him say he was a throwback fighter. Wait a minute, dude! You got past a throwback fighter, but it doesn't make you a throwback fighter. You know what I'm saying?

PC: I follow you.

NR: Did you see Jersey Joe Walcott saying, "I'm done!" I sat there in that ring and watched this guy cuss a legend out. "You a punk, you a this and that and you are a joke." And then, listen, look Percy, you and I right now, if we get hit in the mouth, we have the right to quit. You and I can quit, but when you can't quit Percy is after you sit there and bark and hoot and holla and call somebody else a chump, and then you go into your next fight with a super middleweight, a smaller guy, and quit. Now let's talk about the smaller guy and say weight was the problem. Chavez Jr. lost a lot of weight. He lost all of that weight and, ****, he dropped the smaller guy in that last round. He could have quit. Here is the thing, and I told you this when the fight was signed, his people did a genius move bringing him down to super middleweight to fight Ward. When I say genius, I mean after you win championships and you are looking to build a legacy, you put a guy in a can't lose position, because you still have to think no matter what happens in this fight against Ward, you can get another big fight. Very few people can go into a big fight and, no matter what happens, you are guaranteed another big fight. No matter what happened in the Ward fight, you go up and defend your light heavyweight title because now we gotta see was it the weight, was it Ward, was it the Bernard Hopkins curse to where after these young boys fight him, they get beat up by everybody else; whatever it is, we have to tune in and see what was going on with Chad Dawson. That's a definite. We would have to look on and see what's going on with this dude in his next fight. If he would have got knocked out in the 1st round, we would have had to go and check and see what's going on with this dude in his next fight when he fought again at light heavyweight. He did the one thing that can actually hurt you, he quit. "I'm done." Steve Smoger looked at him like, "What?" "I'm done." What happened to this tough guy? Wait a minute; hold up! I watched you throw a guy down on his shoulder and then stand in the ring and cuss him out and call him a punk and this and that. ****, you should've knew better than anybody not to quit after that. Anybody that sees a skunk knows what a skunk is even if you never saw one in person. I can't even remember where I read it. I just saw Chad Dawson says he's a throwback fighter.

PC: Yeah, when we spoke briefly before Chavez/Martinez, I knew that was something that bothered you.

NR: Yeah, because just because you beat Bernard Hopkins, that don't give you the right to wear the mask and throw up the X. You don't get all of the rights of Bernard Hopkins because you slid by. When Paul Williams beat Antonio Margarito, yes, if he was the most feared man in boxing, then you get the title of most feared man in boxing. If I was the WBA champion and you beat me, yes, you are the WBA champion. These things you do win by simply winning a fight, but you don't become a throwback fighter because you eked out a decision against a throwback fighter; all things don't change because of a win. So that's my problem with him. How does he become all of these things all of a sudden? I usually don't get discouraged by them interviews and by that internet, but like I said, this is my opinion. Bernard probably don't even care, but I care because I think we gotta be careful. When we watch the sport of boxing, you got young boys coming up, like the boy Ward, Adrien Broner, and Andre Dirrell, and that's great. A lot of these young guys are pushing hard right now to find a persona. An athlete can be talented…and I told you, amongst the light heavyweights in the world, I thought Dawson was the most technically sound. I think he is a special young man. He's just not exciting. I'm not saying that to be negative. I like the kid. I've always liked the kid. He's just not exciting. You can get your hair cut as crazy as you want to and put on the fanciest outfit, but some guys just aren't exciting. I said this before and I will say it again, Dawson just knows how to win 7 out of 12 rounds. That makes you a champion. All you need is 7 out of them 12 and that makes you a champion, and he knows how to win 7 out of 12. I have never seen him win a fight where he won all 12 rounds. I might be wrong, but I just never seen it. But he knows how to win 7 out of 12 and ****, that's all you need. You don't need to win all 12. There are kids out there that can win all 12 rounds in dominant fashion. These are special guys. But everybody is going to have to cut their own piece of paper. Everybody is going to have to walk their own walk.

This is not like some cartoon where you just absorb the energy and the power of the other dude because you got past the other dude. It doesn't work that way. It really disturbed me because I'm like, a throwback fighter, you really got work to do to become a throwback fighter. This is just my opinion. I'm not into everybody else's business; you can call yourself what you want. I spoke about it because I watched this man berate one of my fighters, who I know to be a throwback fighter. I watched this man point his finger, hoot and holla, and call him names and berate him. And then at the press conference, I saw his people join in and they had a bunch of things to say about what kind of chump Bernard was and what kind of punk Bernard was; promoters and everybody. Yo, your dude just quit.

Victor Ortiz got crucified for that same ****. He got hit by one of the hardest punching dudes at 140. He got cracked in the head by him and he said, "Maybe I shouldn't be getting beat up like this." Ah man, they beat that young boy up. We ain't never seen Victor belittle or curse nobody out in the ring or call nobody else a chump. My thing is this, anybody got a right to back out. It's your right as a human being, but you can't back out when you have pointed your finger and questioned and hooted and hollered about somebody else backing out. You throw a 40-something-year-old man on his shoulder and you claimed that he was a chump. We saw a young boy come right behind you, not a few fights later Perc, the next fight you come in and say, "Man, I'm done." I don't even have a problem with him saying he's done, but I got a problem with you being a throwback fighter and yelling that. He would have gotten crushed by Roy Jones. I got another one for you, when Tyson was beating the hell out of Peter McNeely, Peter McNeely was trying to go back out, but his corner threw the towel in. He wasn't gonna quit. His corner threw the towel in. When Steve Cunningham looked like he got hit by a bomb in the ring, he got up and was trying to win. He didn't just get up to survive, but he was trying to win. I ain't harass the young boy too much because I told you a long time ago, pretty soon, Ward gonna be sitting some of these boys down.

PC: Yeah, you said Dawson could possibly get stopped leading up to that fight.

NR: Yeah, I always knew that kid could punch. Throwback fighters know more than anybody, when they run into a puncher, that's what they sign up for. But when you say you are a throwback fighter, you're comparing yourself to Archie Moore and these dudes, and they showed you what they were made of. You are comparing yourself to that era and those dudes, and when you get cracked and you quit, that definition doesn't add up. I've watched the kid Paulie Malignaggi and Amir Khan take worse than what Chad was getting. There were plenty of spots where both of them kids could have said, "I'm gonna quit now. This is enough for me." But Amir Khan never did it. We got a lot of young boys out here that show that toughness. When you step out like that and signature yourself and say, "I'm this, I'm that," then you better be that. He's now lost the luxury to do that. The young boy Chavez could have quit. That's why I told you, I wasn't really interested in the Dawson/Ward fight, and Ward is one of my favorite people. Now check what I said, I didn't say one of my favorite boxers. Ward is one of my favorite people. I wasn't all that interested in that fight. Not that I know everything about boxing, I'm not saying that, but I had a pretty good idea of how that fight was going to play out. That wasn't the issue for me. I'm not going into a Twitter war or a Facebook challenge. They don't need to go on Twitter or Facebook talking about my parents, and then again, they can because I would never know, but I had to comment on that when that was brought to my attention.

Comment

Is he trolling or does he really not see the irony in these comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Is he trolling or does he really not see the irony in these comments?
        what do you mean?

Comment

Naazim referring to himself in the third person again, nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            what do you mean?
            Hopkins quit against Dawson in the first fight and generally acts like a little b1tch in the ring. Shane Mosey mentally quit in both his big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
              Naazim referring to himself in the third person again, nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Hopkins quit against Dawson in the first fight and generally acts like a little b1tch in the ring. Shane Mosey mentally quit in both his big fights.
                Hopkins never quit he got injured from a body slam. Dawson quit from a beating. Hopkins never came close to that.

Comment

-Insert a sentence that indicates why I disagree with Nazim- .

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                    Hopkins never quit he got injured from a body slam. Dawson quit from a beating. Hopkins never came close to that.
                    He still quit.

Comment

Working...
                    X