No announcement yet.

Good news for those of you living in Scranton, Pa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    If you think this is only one notch above what Wisconsin's governor did, apparently you don't know much about that situation either.
    It's a figure of speech guy. Why so hostile?

Comment

Originally posted by 1_Industrialist View Post
      Guess based on user history and name. And I don't accept your premise.
      Lol preemptive I dont accept your premise line, I didnt even say anything!

You should change your user title to 'I dont accept your premise'

Comment

RE: Jim Jeffries
        Oh I remember your name now. Someone once thought that I was you.

But judging from your initial comment in this thread....I'm far more to the right than you. You're a Statist, bleeding heart Liberal if compared to me. No offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
          Lol preemptive I dont accept your premise line, I didnt even say anything!

You should change your user title to 'I dont accept your premise'
          I don't accept your premise of "workers losing money".

The workers are not losing money. As a matter fact...private sector workers (people working in manufacturing for example) get to keep more of their money as a result of these cuts. The only other way to fund these City "jobs" salaries was to raise taxes on people like the manufacturing working class. Now they get to keep it. It's a win-win.

Comment

I actually have been to Scranton a few times and it has been terrible economical state for the past fifty years. Minimum wage to be a police officer is crazy though. Especially in a place like Scranton where crime is getting worse and worse the last thing they need is unmotivated officers.

Comment

Originally posted by 1_Industrialist View Post

Best case scenario: those who actually care about being Police officers...rather than just a guaranteed BIG Govt. check and benefits that they can collect after a minimum of 20 years at the workforce.
              Congrats, I hope you like having your house burning while the minimum wage fire fighters give a crap about getting to it in time. I wouldn't be surprised if the percentage of unsolved crimes go up in the laters months and years after all the seasoned veterans quit the force and move elsewhere.

There's a fine line between doing the job because you have a sense of call to duty to making enough money to feed your kids and put a roof over their heads. High risk, low paying job? Oh boy.

Poor leadership on their part.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                i can't wait to see what kinda cops and fireman they attract paying minimum wage.
                BAD ones, the city will really go to **** now.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                  i can't wait to see what kinda cops and fireman they attract paying minimum wage.
                  The ones that can't speak English.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
                    Congrats, I hope you like having your house burning while the minimum wage fire fighters give a crap about getting to it in time.
                    I don't live in Scranton. There are localities in Tennessee already where a Fire Dept fee is optional. Those who don't pay cannot except the dept to put out their fire. I wouldn't mind taking my chances like that..

Or I'll just pay them out of pocket if need be right there and then...since i've got enough wealth & savings to do so.

Comment

Working...
                    X