Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO's re-writing of Ortiz-Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TS, they didnt rewrite it and what Floyd meant about seeing his eye swell and going at him wasnt just about the ending. You forget Floyd was teeing off in the 3rd round. It was completely one sided. Then at the start of the 4th Floyd was going at him with combos.

Thats what Floyd was talking about. At the time Floyd was landing those combos at the start of the 4th, everyone felt like Ortiz may be about to wilt and Floyd is going to test him to see if he's ready to go. They didnt make that up.

Also, there are a ton of writers who hate Floyd and all of them felt it was a one sided fight that didnt deserve a rematch
    Last edited by DLT; 04-16-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      Mayweather was well on his way to destroying Ortiz, even if the round came to an end.

6th, 7th, 8th....

That ass whipping would have been the stuff legend's are made of.
      That's why I was upset... I saw an ass whipping of tremendous, I'm talking TREMENDOUS, proportions on its way...

And I STILL don't think he knocked Ortiz out. Ortiz knew his eye was closing, he had no way to win around, let alone recover from a knockdown, and he didn't want to fight anymore. He simply quit and everybody knows that but they refuse to call a Spade a Spade...

Dude was fine, he tasted a combination early in Rd. 4 and realized that Floyd wasn't there to talk about cars and money. He came to whip his ass and Victor QUIT... QUIT QUIT QUIT!!

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
        Yes it was a cheap shot in response to dirty butt.Floyd ruined what could have been a very impressive stoppage for himself
        No Ortiz ruined what could have been an inevitable knock out

Comment

The weeping Weebler

Comment

Clearly you don't like Mayweather. So why watch his 24/7s? His fights? Talk about him even at all?!

Comment

The way that fight ended was poetic justice. Ortiz did something illegal, and Mayweather made him pay completely within the rules. 99% of boxers out there would have done exactly the same thing that Floyd did. So the way that he was blamed and criticized for it was nothing short of an absolute disgrace. If I was Floyd and I listened to the way they called that fight, then I would want to go to another network because of the total lack of respect for him and the level of bias against him. He did nothing wrong but got a ton of criticism. Victor Ortiz however got almost no criticism, even though what happened was 100% his fault.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                TS, they didnt rewrite it and what Floyd meant about seeing his eye swell and going at him wasnt just about the ending. You forget Floyd was teeing off in the 3rd round. It was completely one sided. T

hen at the start of the 4th Floyd was going at him with combos. Thats what Floyd was talking about. At the time Floyd was landing those combos at the start of the 4th, everyone felt like Ortiz may be about to wilt and Floyd is going to test him to see if he's ready to go. They didnt make that up.

Also, there are a ton of writers who hate Floyd and all of them felt it was a one sided fight that didnt deserve a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                  The weeping Weebler

Comment

i remember your floyd-hatton scorecard.talk about rewritting history

Comment

He was dominating Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                      X