Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What score do you give to a fighter who was knocked down but won the round?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What score do you give to a fighter who was knocked down but won the round?

Or do you deem it necessary for the knocked down fighter to score a knockdown to win the round?

becomes an even 9-9 rounds

Comment

Most of the time it is a 10-8 round, unless the the kd'd opponent wins the round big.

Comment

Always a 10-8 round for championship fights

Not sure where this 9-9 thing came from, with the 10-point must system and all

Comment

If some one is clearly winning the the round and ends up being kd himself it would be a 10-9 round against him instead of a 10-8 round. Not all judges will score it like that but that's how it should be scored.

Prime example is Marquez Katsidis round 3. Marquez was in control before he was knocked down and was completely in control after Katsidis scored that kd. That wasnt a flash kd either it was as legit as they come but Marquez wasnt hurt and clearly would've win the round had there not been a kd. That should've been a 10-9 round for Katsidis, but I bet at least one or two judges scored it 10-8 for Katsidis. IMO most people would probably score a round with a kd 10-8 for the person that scored it most situations but that isn't always correct.

Comment

If there's a 10 point must system, well..

If there isn't, then we're talking if not another knockdown and with AT LEAST 1:15 left on the clock to demonstrate we would need some very convincing power shots, a lot by the way, to score it a 10-9.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
              If some one is clearly winning the the round and ends up being kd himself it would be a 10-9 round against him instead of a 10-8 round. Not all judges will score it like that but that's how it should be scored.

Prime example is Marquez Katsidis round 3. Marquez was in control before he was knocked down and was completely in control after Katsidis scored that kd. That wasnt a flash kd either it was as legit as they come but Marquez wasnt hurt and clearly would've win the round had there not been a kd. That should've been a 10-9 round for Katsidis, but I bet at least one or two judges scored it 10-8 for Katsidis. IMO most people would probably score a round with a kd 10-8 for the person that scored it most situations but that isn't always correct.
              Can you show me where this is the case, in any governing body or commission? All 4 "major" organisations rule a knockdown is a 10-8 round. The ABC for the US rule a knockdown is a 10-8 round. The BBBC for the UK rule the same thing. The ten point must system dictates it is a 10-8 round. It is hard to argue you dominated an entire round when you were knocked down and it was called

Comment

rigo vs donaire when rigo got kd he would have won the round other wise, but i still had that 10-8.. you need to do alot imo to make it 10-9 again

Comment

If the fighter who got dropped would have won the rounds that warranted a 10-8 score in his favor, then i would give it 10-9 to the guy who dropped him

Comment

I don't understand the 10-9 concept for the person who dropped the guy. A knockdown is a deduction of 1 point, not 2. The idea of making it 10-9 gives the guy that got the knockdown 2 points. If a knockdown is worth 1 point and that guy who is knocked down wins the round then it should be evened up(both men with a point reduction. 1 for the knockdown, and the other 1 for losing the round). This is why I would score it 9 to 9.

You don't have to score it off 10 points regardless if it is a 10 point must system. For example if multiple knockdowns to each fighter happen you can easily have a 9 to 8 round. For example Maidana V Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                    X