No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor Granted Licence by NSAC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermain Taylor Granted Licence by NSAC

Arkansas middleweight Jermain Taylor will return to the ring in the near future after being granted a boxing license by the Nevada State Athletic Commission following a hearing this week.

The 33 year-old, who dethroned Bernard Hopkins of all four versions of the middleweight titles in 2005, lost his license in 2009 following four defeats in five bouts.

‘Bad Intentions’ was one of the original members of the Showtime Super-Six Tournament that began in 2009, but after two defeats decided to rethink his boxing career and took two years before deciding to come back.

Taylor had planned a return in August this year but after concerns about his weight, the Little Rock fighter was forced to explain his situation to the board in order to arrange his 34th professional fight.

Arguing that 168lbs was too high a weight-class for him to compete in, Taylor will now return to 160lbs and has agreed not to put on too much weight in between fights after reportedly ballooning to 200lbs in the past.

Comment

There's no way Taylor will be alright later in life. He needs to stop now, don't keep taking beatings.

I can imagine the "Taylor will beat Martinez" troll threads already.

Comment

he doesnt take beatings. i think he runs out of gas. all fights he has lost have been close except kelly pavlick 1 where he was knoked out but but against abraham and froch he was doing ok and even hurt both. He needs more stamina.

Comment

If he wants to do it, let him do it, if he passes the medical tests.

No one gives a **** when a journeyman gets knocked out 20 times and keeps fighting, but when the guy is half way decent, everybody cries that he should retire.

Jermain is a grown man and knows the risks, so let him do what he loves.

Comment

great fighter, always enjoyed watching him fight but i am concerned about his health if he continues...he needs to work on that stamina he always seems to outbox opponents but runs out of gas and gets stopped

Comment

what the hell? hes going to be fighting at 160? i thought he said he lost his last fights at 168 because he couldnt control his weight or whatever. i dont beleive it

Comment

Originally posted by jermainerambo View Post

Uggghhhhhhh
                Now, this was brutal.

Comment

Taylor was ok but he lacked skill. I think he won against Hopkins because Bernard didn't want to take any chances against the kid.

Comment

Working...
                  X