Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop crying about OST. The current drug testing method is more than adequate!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
    No you asked for a link where it showed testing had been improved. After I son'd you with the link you said "I think I read that year round is best"...

Then you showed me a link where they did year round testing (from the annual link on the page) and nowhere did it say that year round was the best testing. You were trying to imply that OST is only effective when done year round.

I showed you that isn't true because they don't do annual tests on every athlete.

Change your name to Oscar De La Hoya and quit on your stool before I unleash more of this steroid fueled ass whooping.
    Can you tell me in your own words why 2 month testing is better than year round? Most PED's are not stimulants and take months and months to build benefits. A lot of athletes dope up during the off season, train hard and reap the benefits. Then get clean right before competition but they still have that additional edge they achieved during the off season.

Comment

I want a 24/7 365 days test, so that floyd will be tested when he was in training while he's on vacation and using peds on that time is the most effective way not in 2months before the fight.

Comment

No, but this does.

Q: How are athletes selected for OOC Testing?

A: USADA selects athletes to test in an out-of-competition setting based on an automated draw that considers a number of factors, including athlete ranking, risk of doping within each sport and test history. All athletes from all sports under USADA’s jurisdiction are subject to OOC testing and USADA has the right to test any athlete for any reason. All NGBs are required to provide a list of athletes for inclusion in the USADA Registered Testing Pool at least quarterly. With respect to each athlete on the list and any additional athletes designated by USADA for inclusion in the USADA Registered Testing Pool, each athlete receives an OOC packet from USADA which includes a USADA Guide to Prohibited Substances and Prohibited Methods in Doping, wallet card, pertinent forms and educational materials. After initial entry into the USADA RTP, it is the responsibility of each individual athlete to provide USADA with current and updated information specifying his/her whereabouts. On a quarterly basis, USADA posts the names of the U.S. athletes who have been tested by USADA at www.usada.org.

http://www.usada.org/resources/faqs.aspx

Not every athlete is selected for year round testing

B-bye now...
        According to your info, EVERYONE is considered for OOC OST. Some are just higher probability due to other factors.

Do you play Lotto? The guy that buys a lot of tickets have a higher chance of winning, but the guy that bought 1 ticket can win as well. Everyone that plays can win. What a concept.

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
          you're right, they only do testing on selected athletes that have a high risk of doping AND failed testing history...last i checked, floyd has yet to do full year testing...and NOWHERE in that link does it state that athletes that ARE selected DONT have to go thru year round testing

moreover, it goes on to say that 'whereabouts filings' have to be submitted on a quarterly basis...further emphasizing the importance of heightened monitoring

its ok really...you can feel free to read the same link you provided...you might learn something about your false argument
          A: USADA selects athletes to test in an out-of-competition setting based on an automated draw that considers a number of factors, including athlete ranking, risk of doping within each sport and test history. All athletes from all sports under USADA’s jurisdiction are subject to OOC testing and USADA has the right to test any athlete for any reason. All NGBs are required to provide a list of athletes for inclusion in the USADA Registered Testing Pool at least quarterly. With respect to each athlete on the list and any additional athletes designated by USADA for inclusion in the USADA Registered Testing Pool, each athlete receives an OOC packet from USADA which includes a USADA Guide to Prohibited Substances and Prohibited Methods in Doping, wallet card, pertinent forms and educational materials. After initial entry into the USADA RTP, it is the responsibility of each individual athlete to provide USADA with current and updated information specifying his/her whereabouts. On a quarterly basis, USADA posts the names of the U.S. athletes who have been tested by USADA at www.usada.org.

It's like talking to a child with autism.

It's at the discretion of the USADA to select those athletes who they wish to test year round. Read the bold slowly and let it process. Not every athlete undergoing OST has to test year round.

When I say not every athlete has to go through year round testing, I mean that the USADA doesn't test all their athletes year round. You're trying to twist the words and make it sound like I meant it's the athlete's choice. It isn't. It clearly says they're all subject to. Obviously, they didn't feel that boxers needed year round testing.
          Last edited by Gordon Gekko; 08-18-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
            According to your info, EVERYONE is considered for OOC OST. Some are just higher probability due to other factors.

Do you play Lotto? The guy that buys a lot of tickets have a higher chance of winning, but the guy that bought 1 ticket can win as well. Everyone that plays can win. What a concept.
            No, everyone is not considered. You're reading it wrong. It says everyone is subject to. That means if the USADA wants to test Floyd year round they could. It doesn't mean they were considering it. It just means they have the power to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooChild View Post
              Can you tell me in your own words why 2 month testing is better than year round? Most PED's are not stimulants and take months and months to build benefits. A lot of athletes dope up during the off season, train hard and reap the benefits. Then get clean right before competition but they still have that additional edge they achieved during the off season.
              I don't have to. The USADA feels it isn't necessary and they're better qualified than us both. You should email them directly and I'm sure they could tell you. After all, they do have the power to test any of their athletes year round.

That includes Mayweather.

Comment

It's like talking to a child with autism.

It's at the discretion of the USADA to select those athletes who they wish to test year round. Read the bold slowly and let it process. Not every athlete undergoing OST has to test year round.

When I say not every athlete has to go through year round testing, I mean that the USADA doesn't test all their athletes year round. You're trying to twist the words and make it sound like I meant it's the athlete's choice. It isn't. It clearly says they're all subject to. Obviously, they didn't feel that boxers needed year round testing.
                USADA works for that "Fraud" and they are CORRUPT! He has them in his back pocket, of course they won't test him year around!

Comment

Originally posted by V-3 View Post
                  USADA works for that "Fraud" and they are CORRUPT! He has them in his back pocket, of course they won't test him year around!

they didnt even test him a day before the fight, 19 days before instead

Comment

Why try to reason with *******s? They dont want to see what a normal reasonable person does, if you arent guilty then take the ****ing tests and collect your biggest payday ever!

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                      Why try to reason with *******s? They dont want to see what a normal reasonable person does, if you arent guilty then take the ****ing tests and collect your biggest payday ever!
                      Thats how normal people think..*******s have a different way of thinking.

Comment

Working...
                      X