White Entertainment Television

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Entertainment Television

Would you be offended?

not anymore offended than i am with Black Entertainment Television.

and **** the whole "every other channel is white" crap. it's not. if you see more white people than black it's because black people only make up 10% of the population.

Comment

There are 100s of cable channels that might as well be called "White Entertainment Television"

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
        not anymore offended than i am with Black Entertainment Television.

and **** the whole "every other channel is white" crap. it's not. if you see more white people than black it's because black people only make up 10% of the population.
        There's more to it than that, though. There was a stretch of time where there were no Black lead characters on any network sitcom in primetime on ABC, CBS, FOX, or NBC. The only networks that did were the WB and UPN, before they merged into the CW.

That's a big demographic intentionally sacrificed when it comes to advertising.

It's like that with kid's programming and movies too. When was the last time you saw a kid's movie with a black kid in the lead? I can think of just a couple - and they weren't fantasy movies or animated movies or big-budget movies. White kids get Harry Potter and Superman and Batman and Star Wars and Spiderwick Chronicles and all the lead Disney roles and all the lead Disney voices...

...black kids get Like Mike, Akeelah and the Bee, or wait for Will Smith, Eddie Murphy, or Martin Lawrence to do a family movie...

Comment

couldn't care less either way.

Comment

White Entertainment Television already exists folks. It's called Fox News...

Comment

Coud not care less, to me any channel that is labeling itself an a network for specific ethnic group is already inferior.

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
                There are 100s of cable channels that might as well be called "White Entertainment Television"
                lol aint that the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                  Coud not care less, to me any channel that is labeling itself an a network for specific ethnic group is already inferior.
                  Nah, it's a specialty channel, same as a channel for soccer fans, farmers, horror enthusiasts, music lovers, or **** afficionados...

Comment

BET IS horrible.
                    WET?
                    charles in charge reruns?
                    I'm in!

Comment

Working...
                    X