Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every Chinese takeaway is equal to a glass of lard!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Every Chinese takeaway is equal to a glass of lard!

Buzz up!
    A recent research has revealed that a regular Chinese takeaway is equivalent to having a wine glass full of fat with every meal.

A combination of prawn crackers, crispy duck, chicken balls and spring rolls have a whopping 2,823 calories and 132.5 grams of fat.

This is the equivalent of a wine glass full of fat, research for weight loss product Lipobind has found.

In a poll of as many as 10,000 British adults, researchers found 35 per cent eat at least two takeaways in a typical week.

Shockingly 11 per cent have a takeaway five times a week, and five per cent admit to eating one every day.

Just under a fifth of those polled (19 per cent) ordered a side salad or diet drink to make their meal healthier.

However 20 per cent ordered a side of chips with their Chinese or Indian meal, adding an additional 250 calories and 15 grams of fat.

Only eight per cent said they had concerns about the fat content of their takeaway.

"Takeaways as an occasional treat are fine," the Sun quoted Nutritionist Mary Strugar a saying.

"However, when such high volumes of fat and calories, not to mention salt levels, are consumed on a more regular basis you are in serious danger of putting your health on the line.

"If you do not exercise regularly, just two high fat takeaways a week could contribute to a substantial weight gain, adding more than 3,000 calories to your weekly allowance, increasing your chance of type 2 diabetes and other weight-related health problems such as hypertension and coronary heart disease," she added. (ANI)
    http://news.oneindia.in/2010/08/06/e...s-of-lard.html

Disgusting.

I got confused for a second, in the States its called "takeout" not "takeaway".

Disgusting. I dont eat it very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 * View Post

Any takeaway can be bad for you, real Chinese food does not contain half the stuff in fast food.

To be fair, the selection of dishes is a factor as well.

Comment

I'll still eat my Sweet and Sour pork.

Comment

Tastes better than a glass of lard though.

Comment

i was just gonna eat some chinese food then i thought its pretty loaded with fat and cals

Comment

I love chinese food but it really is horrible for you... lately I've been getting steamed chicken though.

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              I got confused for a second, in the States its called "takeout" not "takeaway".

Disgusting. I dont eat it very often.
              lol me too

Comment

Dig in

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss
                  is the fried rice bad for you as well?
                  its fried so what do you think

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss
                    is the fried rice bad for you as well?
                    id guess so. everything ends up having grease in it. tastes pretty fkn good tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X