Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd ain't for Legacy only for money and easy, winnable fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    The old Cotto would not have beaten a prime Mayweather imo.

However, I think this version of Cotto has a real chance against this version of Mayweather. Floyd is no longer at his best. As Freddie Roach says, he lost his legs, and like RJJ before him mobility was a huge part of his armoury. I'm not saying there is going to be an upset, just that it won't surprise me if there is.
    Don't kid yourself. This version of Cotto is going to lose about 9-10 rounds versus this version of Mayweather. It won't be close.

Comment

• Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
      Don't kid yourself. This version of Cotto is going to lose about 9-10 rounds versus this version of Mayweather. It won't be close.
      You keep telling yourself that bro, we'll see on May 5th.

Comment

You keep telling yourself that bro, we'll see on May 5th.
        I'm not teling myself that. I'm telling you and everyone else on the forum.

Comment

• When is floyd going to take a risk like his father did agasint SRL? Floyd is 35 and we are still waiting.
          Floyd senior should tell Floyd what its like, as its alien to Floyd and Floyd Junior will reply maybe one day i can do what you did pa pa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
            hahaha, case in point delusional fanboys. Sorry bud your boy has no round robbins with the best in his era. The horses he has are for a beauty contest some where in a Vegas ranch hehe!

lol you fanboys are so desperate hehe!.. Face it your boy ain't for legacy and defining fights, He is for easy pay checks,
            That's just what I typed in google.

The Four Horseman don't have to all fight each other apparently so it makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              When is floyd going to take a risk like his father did agasint SRL? Floyd is 35 and we are still waiting.
              Floyd senior should tell Floyd what its like, as its alien to Floyd and Floyd Junior will reply maybe one day i can do what you did pa pa.
              lol he's more likely to say 'Dad you weren't **** phaggot!, and I ain't no Jr'

Comment

• I love how people say Floyd never took risks. If Pacquiao was fighting Cotto right now at 154 lbs and if Floyd was fighting Bradley at 147 next, it'd be Pacquiao taking a huge risk to fight the top SWW at 154 lbs and Floyd cherry picking a smaller 140 lb guy.

Both fights are good, both Manny and Floyd are ATG's, it's ridiculous when some people just sit on here and bash Floyd or Manny all day long. There are literally some people on here, some in this thread, that just sit and bash both guys all day long, and never even post about anything else. It's just stupid.

If NSB was around back in the 80's, it would have been Leonard was ducking Pryor and Hagler, and that Duran was a disgrace to the sport, and Mike Tyson would KO Ali.

You don't win 7 titles in 5 weight classes without beating good fighters. You don't win titles in 8 weight classes without beating good fighters.

For instance, some are saying that Bradley isn't a risk. How the f**k is Bradley not a risk for Manny??? He's #9 P4P, unbeaten, prime, had good wins over Witter-Peterson-Abregu-Alexander. It's right up there with as good a fight as Mayweather-Hatton was, only not as entertaining probably because Hatton was one of the most entertaining guys to watch in the ring. On a side note, it's crazy how underrated Ricky Hatton is now, he's a borderline HOF if you ask me. He did beat Tszyu, who's in the HOF, and when Tszyu was the #1 JWW.

And some people are saying Cotto at 154 isn't a risk for Floyd, when just a few months ago people were saying "Floyd will still duck Cotto and won't fight him at 154", but now it's a cherry pick. Cotto is past his prime-still good, pretty much the same guy he's been since losing to Margarito in 08'. He'll never be prime but he's still good, and a no doubt HOF fighter one day.

Bradley and Cotto were by far the best fights available for Floyd and Manny right now, aside from each other obviously.

You don't beat G. Hernandez, Manfredy, Gerena, Corrales, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo, Gatti, Judah, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, and Ortiz, and not have taken any risks, my god.

And you don't beat Sasakul, Ledwaba, Lucero, Barrera, Morales, Larios, Solis, Marquez, Diaz, Hatton, Cotto, and Clottey without taking any risks, my god.

People realy need to shut the f**k up.
                Last edited by 4Corners; 03-07-2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

The old Cotto would not have beaten a prime Mayweather imo.

However, I think this version of Cotto has a real chance against this version of Mayweather. Floyd is no longer at his best. As Freddie Roach says, he lost his legs, and like RJJ before him mobility was a huge part of his armoury. I'm not saying there is going to be an upset, just that it won't surprise me if there is.
                  I don't think Cotto would have ever beaten Mayweather, and it's funny that people forget it was Cotto and TR saying from 04-06 that they didn't want to throw Cotto in with Mayweather yet, because "Cotto isn't ready for Floyd". Both Floyd and Cotto are past their prime-still good right now. I think Cotto has a real shot to trouble Mayweather at 154 and muscle Floyd around. I wouldn't be surprised if we got past the first 6 rounds and it was 57-57 ont he cards. But, I really believe that after that, Floyd may shut out the fight, making it a pretty wide 117-111 win against Cotto, which would add something to his legacy at least. It's important for Floyd to get Cotto on his resume while he's still good, and it doesn't hurt that he's doing it at 154 lbs.

I don't think Floyd's legs are "gone". It seemed like after the Marquez fight, he started fighting more toe-to-toe than usual. He basically walked Mosley down 90% of that fight and he was wlaking Ortiz down at least 75% of those first 4 rounds, with great success in both fights. I think Floyd's legs aren't what they use to be from 98'-07', but they are still fresh enough to get out of danger most of the time. Ali's legs after thet 3 1/2 year layoff weren't what they use to be from 63-67, but he still had freshe nough legs to dance some of the time during his fights. He just couldn't dance and stay on his toes the whole fight anymore.

I still think Floyd can fight at a high level for 2 more years, 3-4 more fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                    I don't think Cotto would have ever beaten Mayweather, and it's funny that people forget it was Cotto and TR saying from 04-06 that they didn't want to throw Cotto in with Mayweather yet, because "Cotto isn't ready for Floyd". Both Floyd and Cotto are past their prime-still good right now. I think Cotto has a real shot to trouble Mayweather at 154 and muscle Floyd around. I wouldn't be surprised if we got past the first 6 rounds and it was 57-57 ont he cards. But, I really believe that after that, Floyd may shut out the fight, making it a pretty wide 117-111 win against Cotto, which would add something to his legacy at least. It's important for Floyd to get Cotto on his resume while he's still good, and it doesn't hurt that he's doing it at 154 lbs.

I don't think Floyd's legs are "gone". It seemed like after the Marquez fight, he started fighting more toe-to-toe than usual. He basically walked Mosley down 90% of that fight and he was wlaking Ortiz down at least 75% of those first 4 rounds, with great success in both fights. I think Floyd's legs aren't what they use to be from 98'-07', but they are still fresh enough to get out of danger most of the time. Ali's legs after thet 3 1/2 year layoff weren't what they use to be from 63-67, but he still had freshe nough legs to dance some of the time during his fights. He just couldn't dance and stay on his toes the whole fight anymore.

I still think Floyd can fight at a high level for 2 more years, 3-4 more fights.
                    I just don't see PBF being able to fight at a high level for 2 more years. The difference in his pad routine with Roger is noticibly different now than it was just a few years ago. He said years ago his body was breaking down. The 21 months of course helped that but it also made him rusty and things just don't come back like that no matter what type of athlete anybody is. PBF has a year at best to take care of Martinez and Manny. Just how I feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by tredh View Post
                      I just don't see PBF being able to fight at a high level for 2 more years. The difference in his pad routine with Roger is noticibly different now than it was just a few years ago. He said years ago his body was breaking down. The 21 months of course helped that but it also made him rusty and things just don't come back like that no matter what type of athlete anybody is. PBF has a year at best to take care of Martinez and Manny. Just how I feel.
                      I can see that for sure. While he's not what he once was, he's still good. He's still quick, still got good hand speed, still pretty good footwork. I mean, he just came off a 16 month layoff, out landed the #2 ranked WW (Floyd was off the rankings obviously) by like 50 something punches in 4 rounds, and peopole said he was "rusty".

I think Floyd should fight his last fight in Late 2013. I'd like to see him finish with Cotto, Pacquiao, Martinez, and Alvarez/Kirkland.

Comment

Working...
                      X