No announcement yet.

Difference between an ATG and HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
    looks at duran's resume.......................

1980-11-25 146 Sugar Ray Leonard 146 27-1-0
    Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States L TKO 8 15

leaves thread.....................
    somebody doesn't really know much or is just hater.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      somebody doesn't really know much or is just hater.
      are you deying this happened? I can prove it by taking you to his resume. The fight is even on youtube.

This might take away from becoming an elitist.

Comment

are you deying this happened? I can prove it by taking you to his resume. The fight is even on youtube.

This might take away from becoming an elitist.
        But, he was already an ATG before that. And, lets not forget what happened in the fight right before the fight that you're talking about.

And, then you add what he accomplished when he was absolutely passed his prime and very undersized is what made him an elitist.

A lot of people, me included, rank Duran #1 in that fab 4 era. Duran>Leonard>Hagler>Hearns.

Comment

But, he was already an ATG before that. And, lets not forget what happened in the fight right before the fight that you're talking about.

And, then you add what he accomplished when he was absolutely passed his prime and very undersized is what made him an elitist.

A lot of people, me included, rank Duran #1 in that fab 4 era. Duran>Leonard>Hagler>Hearns.
          I may actually rank duran number 1 but there are deep scars, cuts, and bruises on his resume that take away from becoming an elitist.

He is definately an high level ATG

He is definately "legendary"

But can he really be considered an elitist?

convince me please.

Comment

I may actually rank duran number 1 but there are deep scars, cuts, and bruises on his resume that take away from becoming an elitist.

Well what is in a elitist to you? A lot of people rank Duran in the top 10 all time. I might not have him in my personal top 10 but a lot of people do.

And, when you're in the top 10 all time or borderline top 10 which I think he is. Then that is elitist.

Comment

Well what is in a elitist to you? A lot of people rank Duran in the top 10 all time. I might not have him in my personal top 10 but a lot of people do.

And, when you're in the top 10 all time or borderline top 10 which I think he is. Then that is elitist.
              IMO for me elitist is top 3/4 or am I being too unfair here?

Comment

convince me please.
                Where? In his jump up in weight? Duran was probably the greatest lightweight in boxing history. The only two guys you could make a case for are Henry Armstrong and Benny Leonard..

Even the Duran that beat SRL wasn't the best version of Duran and that says alot.

Comment

Originally posted by El Protagonista View Post
                  Where? In his jump up in weight? Duran was probably the greatest lightweight in boxing history. The only two guys you could make a case for are Henry Armstrong and Benny Leonard..

Even the Duran that beat SRL wasn't the best version of Duran and that says alot.
                  fine then case granted.

Comment

In each weightclass or out of everyone ?, if out of everyone I would say you was being unfair , if out of each weightclaass I would say you're being picky but tis more reasonable.

Duran is a top 3 LW on most peoples lists and I find it damn near impossible to who should be #1 out of him, Benny Leonard and Joe Gans.

Comment

why 4 why not just make it 5?

But, OK that is fine but you do know all that top 3 or 4 or 5 is really opininated.

For example I am pretty sure you have Ali as an elitist. I would not argue he is an elitist the greatest HW of all time. And, as much as I love Ali I don't have Ali in my top 5.

SRR, Armstrong, Greb, B. Leonard, and Pep are in my top 5. I do have Ali ahead of Ross and Langford. But, I know people who have Ross and Langford ahead of Ali. And, you can't really argue that. Because, both Langford and Ross have a case to be ahead of Ali.

So I don't see how you can leave these 7 guys out cuz they're not 3 or 4.

Comment

Working...
                      X