Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd talented enough to beat Paul Williams or Kelly Pavlik?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    He cant beat Williams at any weight.

Hed embarrass Pavlik and shut him out.
    You think Floyd would shut Pavlik out at 160?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      He would have to fight Pavlik at 160, and there is no way he beats Pavlik at 160.

Paul at 147 or 154, that's a close fight probably, but I'd take Paul. A long, active, big southpaw, that is a nightmare for Floyd.
      fair enough opinion. i disagree tho! can you imagine how much of an amateur pavlik would look against mayweather! id be surprised if pavlik landed more than 10% against mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
        i do. with ease aswell!

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
          fair enough opinion. i disagree tho! can you imagine how much of an amateur pavlik would look against mayweather! id be surprised if pavlik landed more than 10% against mayweather.
          I can see how Mayweather's style would trouble Pavlik, but there are weight divisions for a reason. At 160, where the fight would have to take place, Mayweather is much slower and doesn't have the same reflexes. Even if he came in at 154 or 156 or something he is going to lose something. Also, you're underrating how good Sergio Martinez is and how different he fights compared to Floyd, Floyd is a textbook fighter whereas Sergio is very unconventional.

Floyd would have to expend so much energy not getting hit and size would come into play. He would not be able to do it.

Comment

The size difference would be too big imo. Pavlik would be coming in a 6'2 and 180lb. Floyd also wouldn't have the power to keep the fight honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
              Yes. Easily....Im not even trying to nut hug. Floyd is just too damn quick.

Comment

Why does he cut weight then? for fun?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I can see how Mayweather's style would trouble Pavlik, but there are weight divisions for a reason. At 160, where the fight would have to take place, Mayweather is much slower and doesn't have the same reflexes. Even if he came in at 154 or 156 or something he is going to lose something. Also, you're underrating how good Sergio Martinez is and how different he fights compared to Floyd, Floyd is a textbook fighter whereas Sergio is very unconventional.

Floyd would have to expend so much energy not getting hit and size would come into play. He would not be able to do it.
                  well we can agree to disagree. id think mayweather would still be light years quicker than pavlik regardless of a few extra pounds. just a quick question aswell, say they did fight at 160, does mayweather have to weigh in at 154.1 at minimum or can he weigh anything under 160? always wondered about that!

my opinion is also not based on martinez, iv been saying this for a lng time. i dont rate pavlik at all.

Comment

well we can agree to disagree. id think mayweather would still be light years quicker than pavlik regardless of a few extra pounds. just a quick question aswell, say they did fight at 160, does mayweather have to weigh in at 154.1 at minimum or can he weigh anything under 160? always wondered about that!

my opinion is also not based on martinez, iv been saying this for a lng time. i dont rate pavlik at all.
                    I know he was pretty much a welterweight against De La Hoya, so Floyd could probably weigh 154 on fight night if he wanted to, though that would mean giving up like 30 pounds.

Comment

Yall think Martinez looked fast. Good lord imagine if that was Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X