No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ruslan Chagaev Vanishes, Stripped of The WBA World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    They should have Browne v Oquendo for the vacant strap. Brownes the only boxer in history whose story I bought re: failing a drug test. He's innocent and deserves another crack at least.
    Imagine Luiz Ortiz vs Lucas Browne...The poster of that fight would be like "The Roided Battle" or " B-Sample" or "Got caught"

just joking!

I just hope that this tournament ends quick just to see ortiz agains Fury/Klitschko

Comment

Oquendo is garbage, and I have absolutely no desire to see Ortiz pummel his head. The sooner Fury is stripped and Ortiz is mandated to Klitschko the better.

Comment

Unbelievable that Oquendo is in this spot. Dude is going on 3 years without a fight and keeps finding himself getting closer to a world title shot. He should not get a free pass to ortiz or the fury/klitschko winner. Grab whoever the wba has next up on their list and have him fight oquendo with the winner facing ortiz/ustinov and then do away with these garbage regular and interim belts.

Edit: Just checked the wba rankings and Haye is the next guy on the list. I'm sure he would love a fight with Oquendo, that's right up his alley for opponents. And I must admit a possible Ortiz/Haye fight as a final eliminator for the big belt has me intrigued.
        Last edited by BigZ44; 07-25-2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
          Oquendo is garbage, and I have absolutely no desire to see Ortiz pummel his head. The sooner Fury is stripped and Ortiz is mandated to Klitschko the better.
          Why would he be stripped? Ortiz has still got to get past ustinov injury free. At this point Wlad aint interested in unifying titles anymore so i doubt wlad fights ortiz or ustinov. It's all about money & nobody cares about ortiz or ustinov other then diehards. Ortiz brings zero money to the table. He has no hometown arena to fill. He will never be the man as he will probably never get a big name fight until he is 40 plus & lost a few more steps. Haye, wilder, joshua, povetkin are all bigger fights for either Fury or Klitschko. Ortiz is going to be stuck it limbo until the WBA belt is vacant...

Comment

the dagestan president made him disappear

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              Why would he be stripped? Ortiz has still got to get past ustinov injury free. At this point Wlad aint interested in unifying titles anymore so i doubt wlad fights ortiz or ustinov. It's all about money & nobody cares about ortiz or ustinov other then diehards. Ortiz brings zero money to the table. He has no hometown arena to fill. He will never be the man as he will probably never get a big name fight until he is 40 plus & lost a few more steps. Haye, wilder, joshua, povetkin are all bigger fights for either Fury or Klitschko. Ortiz is going to be stuck it limbo until the WBA belt is vacant...
              Fury has tested positive for nandrolone, it was confirmed by Boxing News UK. UKAD are refusing to update Boente and K2, though it has been noted he is in the appeal stage by Boxing News. Boente's lawyers met with Team Fury last week, outcome unknown from what I have sourced so far. I very much doubt that fight happens at all now, I'm hopeful Klitschko upon being handed his belts back will be mandated by the IBF to face Joshua immediately.

Comment

trainer
                "He was here a minute ago, he just disappeared!"

Manager
                "Well hurry and find him, the WBA want to give him a title."

Trainer
                "Should I call Oquendo too?"

Comment

Povetkin vs Wlad would be a huge fight in Europe.

Comment

Read the headline and immediately thought "dude got kidnapped"

Comment

This headline got me thinking about Boytsov. Does anybody know what the latest on him is, haven't heard anything about his condition in a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X