Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tua's ideal zombie apocalypse arsenal.

sig p229 .357 sig.

durable , reliable , compact plus the .357 sig offers excellent penetration compared to 9mm , .40 or even .45 imo.

kalashnikov type 7.62x39mm.

heavier and maybe less accurate but i don't have an ar-15 type anyway plus i like the reliability of the kalashnikov system and if i need to crack into a skull 7.62x39mm > 5.56mmx45mm.

maybe one day i can afford/find/acquire a 7.62mm hk417 or fn scar-H or maybe a 6.8mm option hk416 of fn scar-l will be available. 'til then i'll go with the kalashnikov.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

sig p229 .357 sig.

durable , reliable , compact plus the .357 sig offers excellent penetration compared to 9mm , .40 or even .45 imo.

heavier and maybe less accurate but i don't have an ar-15 type anyway plus i like the reliability of the kalashnikov system and if i need to crack into a skull 7.62x39mm > 5.56mmx45mm.

maybe one day i can afford/find/acquire a 7.62mm hk417 or fn scar-H or maybe a 6.8mm option hk416 of fn scar-l will be available. 'til then i'll go with the kalashnikov.
      You have good zombie killing style.

But what do you have against the .308? You'd be able to mash up zombie ****s with impunity with a .308.

Comment

yup.

i have a hard time shooting my old .480 ruger one handed.

.480 kicked a lot less than a .454 casull and definitely less than a .500 s&w.
        I guess it depends on the weight of the gun and length of the barrel and the one in the vid looked like 8 in or so, but still, damn. I haven't shot a pistol bigger than a .44 and even that was uncomfortable. Think I'll stick with my Dan Wesson .357 and some hot rounds.

If I ever did get something that big, I'd get an automatic, like a desert eagle, much less recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Cock View Post
          You have good zombie killing style.

But what do you have against the .308? You'd be able to mash up zombie ****s with impunity with a .308.
          i have nothing against the .308.

7.62x51mm is not very easy to find.

once in a while i'll run into an m-14/m-1a type that's about it.

my dream gun as a kid was a fn fal or hk g3/91 7.62mm.

never had a chance to get once.

most of the stuff i run into as a kid was like mac-series 9mm/.380/.45 , uzi-type 9mm , ar-15/m-16 type 5.56mm or ak-type 7.62mm.

hk's/fals are rare from my experience.

no need to smuggle several hundred hk's and fals from europe that are expensive when you can smuggle in norinco ak's from china for 1/5th the price.

Comment

sig p229 .357 sig.

Holy Fck, I just checked out the price on a FN scar-H, 3300 bucks

http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial...=11#googlebase

This FN FAL is more my price range, 680 bucks

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info....oducts_id/4422

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              I guess it depends on the weight of the gun and length of the barrel and the one in the vid looked like 8 in or so, but still, damn. I haven't shot a pistol bigger than a .44 and even that was uncomfortable. Think I'll stick with my Dan Wesson .357 and some hot rounds.

If I ever did get something that big, I'd get an automatic, like a desert eagle, much less recoil.
              you have a dan wesson? beautiful gun. very accurate.

do you have the one with the detachable barrels? where you can make it a snubby or 8 inch hunting gun just by switching barrels?

well he does have a compensator on that .500 but still.....

yeah you don't really need anything like .44 and up.

i bought a .480 ruger alaskan a few years ago when it 1st came out.

traded it in. ammo too expensive plus had to order it in advance. (my range didn't sell reloads for it. they don't for my .357 sig either. )

a ruger .480 snub nose is a great attention whore gun though. everyone looks at you when you're double tapping that ****.

i'm in l.a. , i don't really need a snub nose .480 revolver.

unless grizzly bears start doing home invasion robberies in l.a. suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                Holy Fck, I just checked out the price on a FN scar-H, 3300 bucks

http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial...=11#googlebase

This FN FAL is more my price range, 680 bucks

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info....oducts_id/4422
                looks like a refurbished british army fn fal. that's a damn good price.

fn scar and hk 416/417 is not cheap.

i live in the people's republic of california. can't buy one legally here.

if you want a semi-auto rifle with a dethachable mag you have to buy it from the black market.

Comment

you have a dan wesson? beautiful gun. very accurate.

do you have the one with the detachable barrels? where you can make it a snubby or 8 inch hunting gun just by switching barrels?

well he does have a compensator on that .500 but still.....

yeah you don't really need anything like .44 and up.

i bought a .480 ruger alaskan a few years ago when it 1st came out.

traded it in. ammo too expensive plus had to order it in advance. (my range didn't sell reloads for it. they don't for my .357 sig either. )

a ruger .480 snub nose is a great attention whore gun though. everyone looks at you when you're double tapping that ****.

i'm in l.a. , i don't really need a snub nose .480 revolver.

unless grizzly bears start doing home invasion robberies in l.a. suburbs.
                  Yeah mine has the detachable barrels, but I only have an 8 in, for now. Almost identical to this, but cleaner and with a longer barrel. Same Hogue grip.

I like the .357 sigs as well, but it seems like ammo is pretty expensive and hard to find.

Yeah the only way I'd get a bigger pistol is if I visited Alaska and was worried about bears.

As it is, I'm hoping to pick up a shotgun and maybe a .243 with a scope for mule deer and wild pig.

Comment

Another dumb yank that treats guns like toys.

Comment

looks like a refurbished british army fn fal. that's a damn good price.

fn scar and hk 416/417 is not cheap.

i live in the people's republic of california. can't buy one legally here.

if you want a semi-auto rifle with a dethachable mag you have to buy it from the black market.
                      That's what I thought, hadn't seen one for less than about 800 bucks.

The other thing they sell is an AR15, but in parts, used, but with a new barrel, for 500.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info....oducts_id/3920

Is it true that Californians just outlawed lead in bullets? Because it was killing vultures?
                      Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 08-06-2010, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X