Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much better would Pacquiao be if he had an amateur career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kryptonian View Post
    I think a big part of what actually makes Pacquiao so good now is that he didn't have an amatuer career. He starting fighting just to survive and that mentality is what makes him so good. He learned to become a fighter first and a boxer second. If he would have been an amatuer, it would probably mean he would have had a better up bringing, he wouldn't have been dirt poor and he would have competed in amatuer fighting as a pass time or hobby. Instead he got into the ring to fight for his next meal which gives him the mental edge over many of the top tier fighters right now. The guys that prioritize the paydays before fighting will never have the mental edge Manny has.

This is also why I think Clottey is such a dangerous fight for him, he's another guy that grew up poor so appreciates everything he gets. This is what makes Clottey so iron chinned, the mans got an incredible will to fight and survive.
    Clottey's only downfall is he never had a great coach, where as Manny was fortunate enough to link up with Freddie Roach.
    great post. green k this bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by 2npac View Post
      Just a thought based on another thread. It's been well-documented that Pacquiao never had the luxury of an amateur career like most of his counterparts. When many of his opponents were learning their craft in the amateur ranks, Pacquiao began fighting professionally at only 16 years old. Love him or hate him, the mans a great fighter and great for the sport. Pacquiaos learned a great deal from Roach but I believe he might have been even better and sooner if he had an amateur career. Any thoughts minus flaming?
      I think if Paq had been brought up in the same evironment as Mayweather, surrounded by former professional fighters, and had the amatuer experience, he could well be undefeated today. Ive seen videos and pics of Mayweather running around wearing boxing gloves (the size of his head) when he couldnt have been more than three years old. Paq was still a wild brawler up until five or six years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        ya never know.... Any more better and he would be super human!
        i agree, if people still can't believe what pac has done today, imagine the pac that is much better version than today's pac?

Comment

Working...
        X