Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bruno Mars........you in our out on this Kat and his music??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruno Mars........you in our out on this Kat and his music??

1985–2008: Early life and beginnings

Peter Hernandez was born and raised in the Waikiki neighborhood of Honolulu, Hawaii[3] by parents Pete and Bernadette "Bernie" Hernandez, of Puerto Rican and Filipino descent.[4][5] At the age of two he was nicknamed 'Bruno' by his father, due to him being a chubby baby and there being a famous chubby wrestler at the time called Bruno Sammartino.[6] Hernandez was one of six children and came from a musical family giving him a diverse mix of reggae, rock, hip hop, and R&B.[7][8] From a young age, he was impersonating and performing songs by artists such as Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, The Isley Brothers, and The Temptations.[4] In 1990, Hernandez was featured in MidWeek as "Little Elvis", going on to have a cameo in the film Honeymoon in Vegas in 1992.[4][9] "I watch the best. I'm a big fan of Elvis. I'm a big fan of 1950s Elvis when he would go on stage and scare people because he was a force and girls would go nuts! You can say the same thing for Prince or The Police. It's just guys who know that people are here to see a show, so I watch those guys and I love studying them because I'm a fan," he stated.[10] In 2010 he said, "Growing up in Hawaii made me the man I am. I used to do a lot of shows in Hawaii with my father's band. Everybody in my family sings, everyone plays instruments. My uncle's an incredible guitar player, my dad's an incredible percussionist, my brother's a great drummer, he actually plays in our band. I've just been surrounded by it."[11] He attended President Theodore Roosevelt High School, graduating in 2003 at the age of seventeen, and shortly after moved to Los Angeles, California to pursue a musical career.[4][9]
    [edit] 2009–present: Commercial success and Doo-Wops & Hooligans

Before becoming a successful solo artist, Hernandez was an acknowledged music producer, writing songs for Alexandra Burke, Travie McCoy, Adam Levine, Brandy, and Sean Kingston, as well as Flo Rida's international hit "Right Round".[7][12] He also co-wrote the Sugababes' hit song "Get Sexy" and provided backing vocals on their album Sweet 7.[13][14] His first musical appearance as a singer was in Far East Movement's second studio album Animal, featured on the track "3D".[15] He reached prominence as a solo artist after being featured on and co-writing B.o.B's "Nothin' on You" and Travie McCoy's "Billionaire"; both songs peaked within the top ten of many charts worldwide. He said of them, "I think those songs weren't meant to be full-sung songs. If I'd sung all of "Nothin' on You", it might've sounded like some '90s R&B." Following this success, Mars released his debut extended play (EP), titled It's Better If You Don't Understand, on May 11, 2010.[16] The EP peaked at the ninety-ninth position on the Billboard 200 and produced one single: "The Other Side", featuring rappers Cee Lo Green and B.o.B.[17][18] Mars collaborated with Cee Lo Green once more in August 2010 by co-writing his single "**** You!". He performed a medley of "Nothin' on You" and "Airplanes" with B.o.B and Hayley Williams at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards on September 12, 2010.[19]

Mars' debut album, Doo-Wops & Hooligans, was released digitally on October 4, and saw its physical release on October 5, 2010.[20][21][22] The lead single, "Just the Way You Are", was released on July 19, 2010,[23] and has reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100.[24] The music video was released on September 8, 2010.[25] Two songs from the album, "Liquor Store Blues" featuring Damian Marley and "Grenade" were released to the iTunes Store as promotional singles.[26] He will open for Maroon 5 on the fall leg of the Hands All Over Tour starting October 6, 2010. Mars will also co-headline with Travie McCoy on a European tour starting October 18, 2010.[22]

On September 19, 2010, Mars was arrested in Las Vegas for possession of cocaine.[27] When talking to a police officer, Mars reportedly stated that what he did was "foolish" and that "he has never used drugs before".[28][29]

On October 9th, 2010 he appeared on NBC"s Saturday Night Live and performed his songs "Just the Way You Are" and a medley of the songs "Nothin' on You" and "Grenade".

say what you want but i love this song

not a big fan of his other stuff he was featured in and i havent heard his other songs. billionaire was ass, nothin on you was OK

Comment

Originally posted by dj emz View Post
      say what you want but i love this song

not a big fan of his other stuff he was featured in and i havent heard his other songs. billionaire was ass, nothin on you was OK
      Cant see vids......what you post? what song was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Slick Ric View Post
        his only song, just the way you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick Ric View Post
          Bruno Mars - Just the way you are..

He's alright.. I wouldnt buy any of his ****.. quick download.. Like i said he's decent.. Not like I haven't heard worse...

Comment

Originally posted by dj emz View Post
            his only song, just the way you are.
            Originally posted by freeloada View Post
            Bruno Mars - Just the way you are..

He's alright.. I wouldnt buy any of his ****.. quick download.. Like i said he's decent.. Not like I haven't heard worse...
            Just came up on his whole CD plus bonus trax of his "cameos" (for free of course).......not bad....don't think I'd pay for it but .........I dig......

Comment

i think hes dope... (literally) LOL.. nah, hes a great singer.. i like this song from him ft damian marley..

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v3 View Post
                i think hes dope... (literally) LOL.. nah, hes a great singer.. i like this song from him ft damian marley..

This song isnt too bad.. i like it.. I'll go illegally download it now.. thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
                  This song isnt too bad.. i like it.. I'll go illegally download it now.. thanks..
                  Don't worry we won't tell......

Comment

Working...
                  X