No announcement yet.

Cutler traded to the bears

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
    I think Cutler is good but in the words of Mel Kyper, "overrated".

He has a cannon for an arm but he he does throw a lot of int's. The problem is, he had very good receivers in Denver and now he has nothing to work with except a decent TE.

The pass protection for the Bears will be the biggest concern if I was Cutler. He might be wishing he was back in Denver when he's face down in the dirt.
    Brandon Marshall was a 4th round pick and Royal was a 2nd rounder. Cutler molded these guys into who they are today. In Chicago, Cutler will have Forte's running game, Hester and Bennett, his college receiver, at WR, and he'll have Pace, Shaffer, Chris Williams, Kreutz, Garza, and Omiyale blocking for him. I think we'll have a very formidable offensive line next year.

What we need is Marinelli to reshape our defensive line and for our defensive backs to organize themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Syd Barrett View Post
      Orton, two 1st and a 3rd for Cutler? Are you kidding me?

This just puts into perspective how cheaply the Chiefs got Matt cassel...
      The difference being that the Pats had the best QB in the league coming back from injury to reclaim his spot and since the Pats decided to franchise Cassel, they were on the books for a guaranteed 14 million for him for one year. Chiefs got a QB that has done it for one year, for a ridiculous 14 million, that they have to resign at the end of the year, that they gave away for a 2nd rounder. Cutler has done it all 3 years he's been in the league and all the 2 years he's been the regular starter. Cutler comes fairly cheap and for 3 years until the Bears have to resign him.

Cutler for Orton, 2 1sts
      Cassel for a 2nd

I think that trade's pretty even once you factor in the talent difference, contracts, and circumstance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Valentine View Post
        Paraphrasing what a Bears fan said about Orton going to the Broncos:

Get used to a lot of 3 and outs. Orton is accurate, but only in short passing situations. He will throw deep once a half maybe, but just to keep the defense honest. Even then it often looks like he's content to throw it out of bounds to avoid risking a turnover. Defenses will put 8-9 guys in the box destroying your running game. And if your behind by 7-10 points forget about him making a come back.

So, with that being said. Unless our Defense does a 180 degree turn around we are ****ed. I just can't see any way the broncos are even competitive next year. I know Mcdaniels is going to be running the New England system, but we have already seen other coaches in the league that came from Belichick system who couldn't cut it.
        If he's accurate on short passes that's pretty good in the McDaniels offense. Where it's a lot of short passes to the RB's on routes in the flats or screens. WR screens and over the middle short passes. Eddie Royal would be like a Wes Welker who has had bad ass seasons the past couple of years. The Bronco's have weapons so if Orton can hit these guys in open space the outcome is gonna be good. Plus teams won't be stacking the line so much because McDaniels offense is definitely a pass happy offense that uses those short RB routes more like running plays. Also Orton played at Purdue which is spread pass happy team. I personally don't think Orton is the long term answer and the Bronco's will probably suck next year, but this offense is definitely gonna be a lot more wide open then the Bears offense is.

Comment

Orton likes the shotgun and he will be decent in the new system . while i will follow his progress I am glad we sent him packing for a renowned QB , something we haven't had here in decades. the second first round pick we gave up isn't for a couple of years ,so if we do good that should be a late rounder .

Comment

Tom Brady is coming back, and he will fix all of this.

Comment

tom brady is a gimp

Comment

Originally posted by legitballa77200 View Post
                tom brady is a gimp
                Who just happens to be one of the best QB's of all time! He'll fix this mess you ****s have created!

Comment

Working...
                X