No announcement yet.

How will Mikey Garcia do at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will Mikey Garcia do at 140?

Kid is mega talented but going up two divisions is never easy as Broner showed us. How do you guys think he'll do?

dont understand why hes skipping a class but its whatever. i like mikey but if he gets caught wih something i fear hes gonna fold.

Comment

Need to see how his power & chin handle 140. He had a tough time boiling down to 130lbs.

Comment

Don't see him being very competitive. The guys currently at 140 are big, and he's not a big guy. Plus I don't think his chin holds up at 140.

Comment

Ruslan Lucas Crawford and Postol all send him to 135.

Comment

I don't see power punchers being a problem. The best power puncher in 140 is Lucas Matthysse. After Matthysse its probably just:

Provodnikov
            John Molina
            Adrien Broner

I don't know if anyone else in the division punches all that hard. If Crawford moves up as well he definitely becomes a big threat.

For Mikey's debut at 140 I'd like to see him fight maybe Humberto Soto.

Comment

I like mikey but I don't think he can beat the big dogs at 140.

danny
              broner
              lucas
              ruslan
              lamont

algeiri and Crawford are the only fights I think he could win.

and I would even take crawford

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                I don't see power punchers being a problem. The best power puncher in 140 is Lucas Matthysse. After Matthysse its probably just:

Provodnikov
                John Molina
                Adrien Broner

I don't know if anyone else in the division punches all that hard. If Crawford moves up as well he definitely becomes a big threat.

For Mikey's debut at 140 I'd like to see him fight maybe Humberto Soto.

that's a good fight for mikey

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                  Don't see him being very competitive. The guys currently at 140 are big, and he's not a big guy. Plus I don't think his chin holds up at 140.
                  Well, Boxrec says Mikey is as tall as Maidana, that's means he is taller than Matthysse, Broner and most of the punchers of the 140 division. you can see his size in the picture below...

Comment

He will struggle vs the top guys in the division.. I think we will see him drop down to 135 after a few fights at 140, similar to broner going to 147 and them down to 140

Comment

Working...
                    X