Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Lomachenko Would Have To Face Gary Russell Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Lomachenko Would Have To Face Gary Russell Jr.

Reacting to reports that Vasyl Lomachenko (1-1, 1KOs) will be granted an immediate shot at the vacant WBO featherweight crown, Golden Boy Promotions CEO, Richard Schaefer, told BoxingScene.com that his fighter, Gary Russell Jr. (24-0, 14KOs), is ready to face Lomachenko for that title.

Russell is the mandatory challenger to the WBO belt. Prior to Lomachenko's fight with then champion Orlando Salido, the sanctioning body had ordered the winner to face Russell.
    [Click Here To Read More]

yeah schaefer! bring it on!

Comment

Since when is Russell with gbp? Either way hope I happens

Comment

Great! A world championship title fight between two fighters who haven't done ****.

Lomo could go after Gradovich too though.

Comment

Stylistically, this should suit Lomachenko more than Salido. Lomachenko is at his best when he's coming forward. Given Lomachenko's size advantage, and the styles clash, should be a good fight. Lomachenko took the punches of Salido, so I doubt he has much to worry about with Russell Jr. power wise. If Lomachenko fights anything like he did in the WSB (coming forward, throwing combinations, not being tentative), he should win. Then again, maybe I'm not giving Russell Jr. enough credit.

Comment

They should buy Roy off of HBO too lol

Comment

Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
              Stylistically, this should suit Lomachenko more than Salido. Lomachenko is at his best when he's coming forward. Given Lomachenko's size advantage, and the styles clash, should be a good fight. Lomachenko took the punches of Salido, so I doubt he has much to worry about with Russell Jr. power wise. If Lomachenko fights anything like he did in the WSB (coming forward, throwing combinations, not being tentative), he should win. Then again, maybe I'm not giving Russell Jr. enough credit.
              Your definitely not giving him enough credit. Russell actually box walking down his opponents and throw good balanced combinations. I think Loma should fight opponents that are near the top ten instead if going for a title again.

Comment

Originally posted by Shambrolic View Post
                Your definitely not giving him enough credit. Russell actually box walking down his opponents and throw good balanced combinations. I think Loma should fight opponents that are near the top ten instead if going for a title again.
                I don't think Russell will be able to hurt Lomachenko though. And Lomachenko is considerably more tested as a pro.

Comment

isn't loma with top rank? or am i wrong?

Comment

Would love to see it. Russell Jr has yet to be tested. With Lomachenko, he's likely to lose with his first step up. Should be a good fight between two of the best prospects in the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X