Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do they always ruin songs by having a rap verse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do they always ruin songs by having a rap verse?

Like every single song you hear, you are sitting there enjoying it, thinking "this is a banging tune" and then one of the following pops up and ruins it:

Lil' Wayne
    Pittbull
    Timberland

Occasionally it's a different one but it's usually one of those rappers.

Don't get me wrong, I like some rap music, to be honest not many of the recent ones but back in the day when snoop dog was still good, and Dr Dre etc.

But how would rap fans feel if in 99% of rap songs you had like an opera singer appear and do a verse, or like some country and western guy.

I am all for collaberations, but it's beyond annoying now.

The other day they were like "here's Katy Perry featuring Jessie J" and i was like ah ok, but oh no..... it wasn't Jessie J it was "juicy j"

I was like "juicy j"

anyways, what you think?

I don't know about rappers but Christina Aguilera ruined Maroon 5's "Moves like Jagger."

Comment

I feel bad for you, because as an avid hip-hop/rap fan.. those artists fu.cking blow.

But hey, if records sell its helping someone...

Be thankful Adrien Broner isn't the one with a verse

Comment

Because pop music of today consists of selling out as much as possible. Tunes and lyrics already made for the "artists" usually by one of two huge producers with a quick collaboration with any rapper who is selling alot of albums at the moment. The idea is to reach out to as many idiots who by this **** as possible at one time, while coming up with nothing new lyrically, vocally or talent-wise. Today's pop music is ear candy for mongoloids.

Comment

I don't know. That's how I feel about the Gorillaz, except change songs to albums. They're really good until some terrible rapper ends up spitting on about ******ed crap for 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            I don't know. That's how I feel about the Gorillaz, except change songs to albums. They're really good until some terrible rapper ends up spitting on about ******ed crap for 2 minutes.
            It worked though when they picked good rappers like De La Soul, Del Tha Funkee ****sapien and Mf Doom (Feel Good Inc, Clint Eastwood, November Has Come being my 3 favourite Gorillaz tracks) the songs only went terrible when they picked some terrible rapper like ****in Kano or Bootie Brown (Not a fan of Pharcyde), surely it's more about the quality of the rap then the actual rap itself ?.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              Like every single song you hear, you are sitting there enjoying it, thinking "this is a banging tune" and then one of the following pops up and ruins it:

Lil' Wayne
              Pittbull
              Timberland

Occasionally it's a different one but it's usually one of those rappers.

Don't get me wrong, I like some rap music, to be honest not many of the recent ones but back in the day when snoop dog was still good, and Dr Dre etc.

But how would rap fans feel if in 99% of rap songs you had like an opera singer appear and do a verse, or like some country and western guy.

I am all for collaberations, but it's beyond annoying now.

The other day they were like "here's Katy Perry featuring Jessie J" and i was like ah ok, but oh no..... it wasn't Jessie J it was "juicy j"

I was like "juicy j"

anyways, what you think?
              What kind of **** are you anyway? You sit arund listening to Katy Perry and playing company snitch on your "best friend"? Why don't you just cut your balls off and start carrying them around in a purse?

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                It worked though when they picked good rappers like De La Soul, Del Tha Funkee ****sapien and Mf Doom (Feel Good Inc, Clint Eastwood, November Has Come being my 3 favourite Gorillaz tracks) the songs only went terrible when they picked some terrible rapper like ****in Kano or Bootie Brown (Not a fan of Pharcyde), surely it's more about the quality of the rap then the actual rap itself ?.
                Agreed until you ragged on Kano. Kano is sick brah!

Comment

Seems like Jay Z jumps on a bunch of remixes of pop songs and does a boring ass pointless verse.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                    Don't forget Mos Def.

Comment

Working...
                    X