Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch: "Ward is boring...I will never fight him again"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch owned himself mans got a lot of heart but that's just tragic he knows he got taken to school that night, he just doesn't wanna go back to school

Comment

Ward could only dream of finishing fights like LUCIAN BUTE.

I recently watched froch/ward and was expecting some sensational schooling like a i.e hopkins vs pavlik or calzaghe vs lacy type fight going on what i have read in forum's etc however i was suprised to see it was far from it!

A clear UD for ward no doubt but it certainly was no whitewash, all i saw was the younger/faster man content to rack up another points win, what struck me was that froch actually proved to be the fitter man as ward was f***ed towards the latter part of the fight (he was timewatching and holding to buy time) froch is a man of steel, crazy stamina!

Ward started well, carl began to get back into the fight midway and the latter half was fairly even with froch going for broke and ward sitting back on his laurels..

Ward seem's to switch off and tire a little in the latter part of fight's (he did it vs bika too) i think stamina issue's will play out in wards career! He was tired vs bika and froch, imagine what a fighter with A serious workrate could do??

A lot of questions still surround ward imo...im reserving judgement thus far!

Im a fan but he's yet to fight a slick fighter like a bute or a calzaghe, or indeed a good southpaw!! He's very good with upright, european style fighter's (predictable guy's like kessler) but how would he cope with the serious workrate or awkward angle's that i.e a calzaghe/bute would pose!

One could argue that the wear n tear of froch's previous escapades and his style of fighting played a part in this fight not to mention he is mid 30's now and fight's worldwide! The froch that beat pascal would have given ward a tougher time imo....that being said i think ward's speed and physicality would always make me favour him over froch.

Big fan of both men, but bute is going to be a stylistic nightmare for both men by the looks of thing's...a slick southpaw with power, stamina, good punch variation, accuracy and speed!!

So froch is right in a way... its a bad style clash, he's old school, a throwback who would do well in 15 rounders! Ward is boring as ****, can't finish anyone, and will spend his career racking up boring ass points wins, the only time he got took into deep water by a man content to play him at his own game was vs bika and he couldn't handle it! Ward is a better fighter than carl (but hes also dirty) personally il be looking back at frochs fights in 5 years not wards...and bute has everything ward has and then some.

Ward did not school froch!! He fought a smart fight and his youth told in the end...
      Last edited by 1g5a22; 05-14-2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        No he's ****ing a scouser
        What's the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
          Ward could only dream of finishing fights like LUCIAN BUTE.

I recently watched froch/ward and was expecting some sensational schooling like a i.e hopkins vs pavlik or calzaghe vs lacy type fight going on what i have read in forum's etc however i was suprised to see it was far from it!

A clear UD for ward no doubt but it certainly was no whitewash, all i saw was the younger/faster man content to rack up another points win, what struck me was that froch actually proved to be the fitter man as ward was f***ed towards the latter part of the fight (he was timewatching and holding to buy time) froch is a man of steel, crazy stamina!

Ward started well, carl began to get back into the fight midway and the latter half was fairly even with froch going for broke and ward sitting back on his laurels..

Ward seem's to switch off and tire a little in the latter part of fight's (he did it vs bika too) i think stamina issue's will play out in wards career! He was tired vs bika and froch, imagine what a fighter with A serious workrate could do??

A lot of questions still surround ward imo...im reserving judgement thus far!

Im a fan but he's yet to fight a slick fighter like a bute or a calzaghe, or indeed a good southpaw!! He's very good with upright, european style fighter's (predictable guy's like kessler) but how would he cope with the serious workrate or awkward angle's that i.e a calzaghe/bute would pose!

One could argue that the wear n tear of froch's previous escapades and his style of fighting played a part in this fight not to mention he is mid 30's now and fight's worldwide! The froch that beat pascal would have given ward a tougher time imo....that being said i think ward's speed and physicality would always make me favour him over froch.

Big fan of both men, but bute is going to be a stylistic nightmare for both men by the looks of thing's...a slick southpaw with power, stamina, good punch variation, accuracy and speed!!

So froch is right in a way... its a bad style clash, he's old school, a throwback who would do well in 15 rounders! Ward is boring as ****, can't finish anyone, and will spend his career racking up boring ass points wins, the only time he got took into deep water by a man content to play him at his own game was vs bika and he couldn't handle it! Ward is a better fighter than carl (but hes also dirty) personally il be looking back at frochs fights in 5 years not wards...and bute has everything ward has and then some.

Ward did not school froch!! He fought a smart fight and his youth told in the end...
          if froch was old school as you say he would want to fight ward again so he can beat him

Comment

Cool story bro. Now tell us the REAL reason why you don't want to fight him again lol

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
              Cool story bro. Now tell us the REAL reason why you don't want to fight him again lol
              ...I'm wondering IF Froch REALLY said this or maybe he was misquoted...sounds strange coming from such a prideful warrior like Froch

Comment

like Froch, but come on
                he was respectful before after he lost the finals to Ward
                now no rematch because he's boring?
                the guy whooped your ass Froch, man up

Comment

Ward is kinda boring.. its true.. he got a lotta skill no doubt, but his fights dont really entertain on any level.. its strange *****..

in fact ward is probably the most boring elite fighter today if we look at it from entertainment value alone..

Comment

damn so many people calling Froch a ***** in this thread for not wanting a rematch with Ward.

The same guy who told his promoter he didnt want an easy payday in Nottingham against a no-name and went out looking Bute. The only guy with enough power at SMW to put him in intensive care. Straight after fighting Ward, Johnson, AA, Kessler, Dirrel, Taylor and Pascal. With no chumps in between.

I wish everyone in boxing was as big a ***** as Froch. So he doesnt want to rematch Ward, big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                      ...I'm wondering IF Froch REALLY said this or maybe he was misquoted...sounds strange coming from such a prideful warrior like Froch
                      Carl was not misquoted. I said I listened to the interview....I heard every word. That's why I started this thread. I didn't think Carl of all people would come up with such lame excuse why he wouldn't want to fight him.

Comment

Working...
                      X