No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa Positioned in Line For Uchiyama Title Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gamboa Positioned in Line For Uchiyama Title Clash

The World Boxing Association has made Yuriorkis Gamboa the top contende rin line to fight WBA super featherweight champion Takashi Uchiyama of Japan.

Gamboa (22-0, 16KOs) returned in December, after a 15 month layoff, and won a twelve round decision over Michael Farenas to captured the WBA's interim-title. Uchiyama (19-0-1, 16KOs) came back on December 31 and stopped mandatory challenger Bryan Vasquez in the eight round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is the fight Gamboa should seek, not bigger, heavy hitting guys like Rios or Broner.

Good match.

Comment

I love Gamboa he is a beast but he needs to chill with all this wanting to move up and challenge the toughest dude in the division at least take a warm up fight first.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        This is the fight Gamboa should seek, not bigger, heavy hitting guys like Rios or Broner.
        Uchiyama hits harder than both those guys even at the different weight classes.

Comment

I agree with previous posters, Gamboa is too small and chinny 4 the likes of the division above. Needs to clean his div and then move up.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

Good match.
            I think Gamboa can fight a technical fight and UD Rios, with much the same approach he used against Ponce De Leon. Broner is a tougher order, in my opinion, but Yuri can't be counted out.

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
            I love Gamboa he is a beast but he needs to chill with all this wanting to move up and challenge the toughest dude in the division at least take a warm up fight first.
            Agreed. I'm a big believer in preparation. Uchiyama is a tough enough fight. After him, maybe think about 135.

Comment

If he gets past Uchiyama then he can go up.

Comment

I thought they would never mentioned Gamboa vs Uchiyama..Gamboa should fight for the full belt, an interim does not mean anything. Uchiyama is a legit opponent, hopefully they make this fight and make Uchiyama come to the U.S.

Comment

I'll take Uchiyama to wreck Gamboa.

It'd be close early, but as Gamboa starts to slow down and look for his pot shots later, Uchiyama will catch him and end it.

Comment

Originally posted by JKidd2624 View Post
                    I'll take Uchiyama to wreck Gamboa.

It'd be close early, but as Gamboa starts to slow down and look for his pot shots later, Uchiyama will catch him and end it.
                    Gamboa doesn't slow down.

He'll know this is a legit opponent and take him seriously, when he does that, nobody is touching him. Looking forward to this.

Comment

Working...
                    X