Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Does Marquez FIGHTER OF THE DECADE Belt Work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Does Marquez FIGHTER OF THE DECADE Belt Work?

what happens if someone beats him then someone else beats the one who beat him? You can't have four fighters running around being called fighter of the decade. That would dilute the title and make it a worthless joke.

I'm glad that they invented this belt out of thin air since Marquez now rightfully has the distinction of four-division world champ, which he should have became when he schooled manny last Nov. This wouldn't be possible without this paper belt since bob arum once again planted a robbery in Bradley's favor, taking what should have been Juan's belt anyways from manny.

Is his belt a one time deal that was set to expire?
    Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 01-04-2013, 02:40 AM.

it doesn't.... it's just a trophy worth real $

Comment

Haven't heard? You beat a legend you become a legend!!! Aussie style

Comment

you pay fee, you get trinket

Comment

It's the same as the WBC Diamond belt. You just buy them. I got a whole bunch out in my garage from when we had my birthday party. Everyone that showed up got a WBC Diamond Belt, a WBC Champion Ring, and then we put a bunch of names in a hat and drew for the WBC Silver Champion.

Those that were late, elderly, or underage and didn't get to have a belt were awarded the mandatory challenger status.

Comment

How the heck does he get a fighter of the decade belt when we all know Danny Green holds that distinction?

Comment

That would dilute the title and make it a worthless joke
              It already is a worthless joke.

It was just a belt they ,made up to give to Pacquiao but Marquez upset the script and now he gets that "title". However Freddie Norwood beat JMM so I guess that makes him fighter of the decade. All hail Freddie Norwood!

Comment

floyd "money" mayweather is the fighter of the decade

he wishes..

Comment

Originally posted by G22 View Post
                  It already is a worthless joke.

It was just a belt they ,made up to give to Pacquiao but Marquez upset the script and now he gets that "title". However Freddie Norwood beat JMM so I guess that makes him fighter of the decade. All hail Freddie Norwood!

A decade is 10 years...

Comment

A decade is 10 years...
                    Ok well Chris John must be the greatest fighte of the decade then?

Comment

Working...
                    X