Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Ward challenge for the Cruiserweight title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Ward challenge for the Cruiserweight title?

Having a look around, the really isn't anyone at 168 or 175 that would be a good fight.

Only Dirrell would be of interest to see how Ward handles a guy unicycling backwards around the ring at 200mph. But Dirrell wont even get in the ring with him.

So how about Ward vs Hernandez at Cruiser?

If Ward loses, it woun't matter, nobody will see it as bad, and if he win's it'd be fantastic.

I can't think of anything else for Ward to do except maybe some freakshow fight with Roy Jones or something.

What do you reckon?

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Having a look around, the really isn't anyone at 168 or 175 that would be a good fight.

Only Dirrell would be of interest to see how Ward handles a guy unicycling backwards around the ring at 200mph. But Dirrell wont even get in the ring with him.

So how about Ward vs Hernandez at Cruiser?

If Ward loses, it woun't matter, nobody will see it as bad, and if he win's it'd be fantastic.

I can't think of anything else for Ward to do except maybe some freakshow fight with Roy Jones or something.

What do you reckon?
    I'd say fighting guys 30 lbs bigger than him and who walk around at 215 lbs is asking just a bit to much...I recon.

Comment

Dirrell and Bute left at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Dirrell and Bute left at 168.
        Both guys need to rebuild. If we're talking immediate future, he really has no one to fight. I think he should wait for Dawson to get another win, and then fight him @175. Maybe he could go fight Shumenox for the WBA belt, and then unify with Dawson.

Comment

If he wants an easy fight, perhaps Cleverly?

Comment

He should fight Huck

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              I'd say fighting guys 30 lbs bigger than him and who walk around at 215 lbs is asking just a bit to much...I recon.
              Roy Jones and James Toney did it....

Comment

but they were roy jones and james toney

Comment

He can clean up at 175. Rematch with dawson cloud and shumenov would be nice

Comment

Toney was 200 lbs when he was in high school...Roy Jones Jr transitioned from 168 beginning in 1994 culminating to cruiserweight in 2009...while spending 12 years at light-heavyweight ... a 15 year time span...so don't expect anything soon from Ward in that regard. Ward is pretty small for cruiserweight which is division of small heavyweights who cut weight for their fights.

Besides...cruiserweight is not a division which historically generates much money...I doubt he'd want to go there for that reason.
                    Last edited by jaded; 09-09-2012, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X