No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs hints at the GGG fight happening in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

I'm at work and can't correctly reply right now. Ill be sure to ether this post soon as I get home
    This confirms my suspicions that you scream at the computer as you type.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Look at how many posts and threads you've been making. Don't you think that's a little bit much?
      I have a total of 3, 697 posts in over 4 years. That's roughly 2.49 posts per day. No, I don't think I post too much.

Compared to all the racist trolling posts on a daily basis, the least I can do is offset all the lies, propaganda and racist defamation created by you and your buds against black fighters.

That's money well spent in my book.

How messed up is your personal life that your practically spamming the board right now?
      My personal life is well, actually. I'm happily married and things are going great.

But you say I'm spamming when you and your fellow racists have actively spammed this forum for the last 7 years or so against black fighters all starting with the Pacquiao saga. I made this thread almost a year ago and fought with you clowns tooth and nail and had to listen to you calling me stupid and tell me I didn't know what I was talking about; keep in mind, I said this fight was possible well before the HBO/PBC issue was resolved and well before PBC fighters were fighting on HBO. If you want to get technical, I headed the movement. I have threads for proof.

And now that I can finally say "I told you so", you're damn right I'm going to have fun at your expense; and guess what? It's hilarious.

The fact is, Jacobs needed $3mill to get into the ring with Golovkin
      Here you go lying again. No one knows how much Jacobs got. You still haven't learned how to effectively use critical thinking. Secondly, even if Jacobs got 5 million, Tom Loeffler is on record saying Golovkin vs Jacobs is GGG's biggest fight in the US, ever. Do you know what that means? That means, outside of Canelo, Daniel Jacobs is GGG's biggest financial earning in America. Tom also says that the money Jacobs was asking, can be compensated. So unless you don't like to see black men get paid, why should you give a damn how much Jacobs made or was guaranteed for this fight? Especially when Loeffler said the money is there?

That's $1mill more than Kovalev even got to fight Ward. Jacobs is a nobody, he said it himself in an interview that he doesn't understand why his fights don't do better numbers. GGG could've offered him $2mill and that would've been more than reasonable
      And GGG is asking for how much more than Liam Smith to fight Canelo? Last I checked, GGG turned down 15 million for the fight. That's more than 7x what Kovalev made against Ward, but you're worried about Daniel Jacobs? GGG is to Canelo what Jacobs is to GGG. They all don't get the $$$ compensation outside of fighting each other. Plain and simple.

But yeah, let's call Jacobs, Stevenson, Mayweather and Ward ducks, but call GGG a smart businessman for turning down 15 mil.

Instead he made Jacobs wildest dreams come true in order to get that ass.
      GGG is no charity worker. Stop.

"Daniel Jacobs is the toughest fight of my career" - GGG

Watching you pump out 10 posts an hour about how you're this great visionary is like watching a ****** run full speed into a brick wall
      Outside of myself, name one other person in boxing, including media, that said PBC fighters can/will fight on HBO and Tom Loeffler can make deals with PBC fighters before I started making threads and stating this?

While Dan Rafael was lying to the people, pushing false narrative, agenda's and propaganda, I've been telling truth.

Name some posters that stated what I have since the inception of the Cold War that's been going on the last 7 years?

That is visionary work whether you like it or not.

I was right and 98% of this 300 and something post thread was wrong.

And guess what else? In 3 months, I'll prove 98% of this forum wrong again and you will kill yourself in turn.
      Last edited by Chollo Vista; 12-19-2016, 06:10 PM.

Comment

This confirms my suspicions that you scream at the computer as you type.
        I don't..........

Comment

Yeah you're value is determined by what people are willing to pay you. K2 didn't have to pay him $3mill. If it went to bid, Danny would not have received $3mill unless somebody bid $12mill!

Jacobs set a ridiculous price and he got it b/c Golovkin wanted him that much. Otherwise Jacobs has no leverage, he's not drawing any decent numbers for attendance or tv ratings. GGG paying more than Jacobs is worth is a marketing investment. Now he can add another decent name to his resume with Lemieux.

I've admitted before K2 didn't want to fight on Showtime, whether they could or could not however is a different story. HBO recently granted Klitschko permission to fight Joshua on Showtime, I imagine they would've done the same for GGG. But realistically, why in the world would Showtime/Haymon spend over $6mill for the fight, only to have Golovkin come on their network, KO Jacobs and go back to HBO a little more famous.
          Yeah they did have to pay him that or else they risked losing the date in MSG and on HBO had they lost the bid, which is the point I have been trying to make to you.

How can you call the price ridiculous when K2 offered the same to BJS? I agree that you can look at it as a marketing investment, which is the same thing it was when it was offered to BJS since he also isn't worth the $3 milif we are using the criteria you cite.

Wlad doesn't have the same value for them. he already lost on HBO so him losing on SHO is no big deal. HBO NEEDS an undefeated GGG to fight Canelo to maximize money in that fight.

Maybe,just maybe, like Kov with Stevenson, HBO isn't as confident about a sure GGG ko as you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Yeah they did have to pay him that or else they risked losing the date in MSG and on HBO had they lost the bid, which is the point I have been trying to make to you.

How can you call the price ridiculous when K2 offered the same to BJS? I agree that you can look at it as a marketing investment, which is the same thing it was when it was offered to BJS since he also isn't worth the $3 milif we are using the criteria you cite.

Wlad doesn't have the same value for them. he already lost on HBO so him losing on SHO is no big deal. HBO NEEDS an undefeated GGG to fight Canelo to maximize money in that fight.

Maybe,just maybe, like Kov with Stevenson, HBO isn't as confident about a sure GGG ko as you are.
            Actually K2 didn't offer BJS $3mill. Initially Saunders said on Twitter that's what he was offered, then later said about half that. K2's inital offer was for the US. If they fought BJS in the UK, the economics are much different. It's why Kell Brook got payed extremely well. They could have never payed Brook that kind of money fighting him in NY.

Klitschko still gets better numbers on HBO than Golovkin does. And they're giving up their challenge to a mega-fight in Klitshko/Joshua, a fight Klitschko is far more likely to lose than Golovkin to Jacobs. We can debate this back and fourth without ever getting the truth, but we can agree that Golovkin vacating his title to Jacobs would be almost as bad as him losing to Jacobs. That hurts Golokvin's brand, and hurts the selling point of the potential Alvarez fight. I think HBO has more faith in their investment than to give him an assured set back. And all that is moot if Golovkin has a clause in his contract which allows him a network exemption if he loses a purse bid.

Comment

• What a long way we've come. Bump for fight week

Comment

Working...
              X