Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time Warner Cable has dropped SHOWTIME! (Video by showtime)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

killing CBS & Showtime is death move with college football & the NFL season around the corner

Comment

it really depends on how you look at it. looking at the positive side time warner is actually giving us a big favor for dropping showtime. at least much fewer ppv subscribers will ask for refunds after finding out the fraud jr duped them again with his usual boring fight.

Comment

TWC... WTF??

What the fúck am I gonna watch on Sept 14??

Comment

Is Time Warner an east coast thing? Never even knew it was a cable provider. Im 25.

Comment

I knew this day would come...me switching over to dish.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
              Is Time Warner an east coast thing? Never even knew it was a cable provider. Im 25.
              Yeah I never it was either. all I know are Comcast, dish, and att uverse. What this Time Warner thing

Comment

This isn't a big deal

CBS is free over the air with a converter box so you won't miss shows like Survivor or How I met your mother or NFL football

SHO original programming sucks. I have friends who were diehard Dexter fans but even they stay that show sucks now. SHO boxing is pretty good but there going bankrupt and it has nothing to do with Time Warner.

Comment

Wow this is definitely gonna hurt Showtime PPV numbers. There aint no way the Canelo/Floyd fight gets a million buys now.

Time Warner Cable serves customers in the following 29 states:

Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Warner_Cable
                  Last edited by UTEP; 08-02-2013, 10:14 PM.

Comment

CBS/Showtime is trying to come across as the innocent party, but it is they who are trying to bleed more money from the cable provider, who would just end up having to charge the customers more.

I don't blame Time Warner for sticking to their guns. CBS is supposed to be a free channel, they should be getting their revenue how they always have, via commercials.

As for Showtime, Sure they want more money, Time warner should say fine, the extra you want we'll just pass on to our customers, if they decide your premium service is suddenly too expensive, they can cancel your service.

If the Cable and Satellite providers do not get these content providers in check, we could all see 300-400 dollar cable bills in a few years. It is good they are standing their ground.

Comment

Guys I wanted to check my Time Warner provider so I called them and the lady answering didn't have much knowledge, she just told me that they removed the CBS stations, and I asked her if I would be able to order the Showtime PPV for Mayweather Canelo she said probably not but she didn't really give a definitive answer.

This is messed up Showtime was having a ton of great boxing matches coming up too, now I have to stream that All Access. This is a huge blow because this affects the major cities like LA, Chicago, Ny, Dallas a lot of boxing buys come from there.

Comment

Working...
                      X