Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Could Box Like Any One Fighter, Who Would It Be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Could Box Like Any One Fighter, Who Would It Be?

It's always music to our ears to have a thread like this every few months.

I'm left handed and would go with my namesake. Bernard Hopkins style is very effective in cross stance matches and would easily be transferable to a southpaw. His defense is elusive, his dirty fighting is mean, and his offense is very deceptive. My personal modifications would be to jab and keep it at a distance more often instead of mauling.

Tommy Loughran. His style has influenced my style more than any other fighter. I'll be happy if I ever even remotely resemble the perfect execution of his style.

Ricardo Lopez would be my second choice, but I'll never possess the raw abilities that he had to make his style work so well.

Comment

While there have been guys with more natural talent that make things seem so easy, the guy I'd most want to fight like from boxing history is Mike McCallum. He certainly had natural talent, but what really made him was that he was a student of the game who put all the proper time in the gym and the amateurs. He could coolly stand in range pumping a great jab and work a guy over with every punch in the book- body and head in multiple combos.

He was the consumate pro, baby.

Comment

i need a laugh...come on someone say Floyd...Pleeeease!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          The 130lb Floyd was someone I certainly wouldn't mind fighting like!

Comment

Perhaps you're reluctant to say manny due to the manner in which he was recently knocked out.

Comment

Me! Theres the difference here, I'd rather be ME in boxing! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                Perhaps you're reluctant to say manny due to the manner in which he was recently knocked out.
                Hell no. Manny is to wreckless. Id be a Gatti fighter! Good Bad or worst....gives it his all, and has a fan base that loves him. Not afraid to get hit to give one!

As for Mannys KO. Thats Boxing. Thats what happens when you fight great fighters on an even playing field. Thats what happens when you fight as often as manny...Rather than once a year or fake retire or go to Jail...:WORD: Thats called avoidance. Now sir kindly STFU:ANWOD:

Comment

Hell no. Manny is to wreckless. Id be a Gatti fighter! Good Bad or worst....gives it his all, and has a fan base that loves him. Not afraid to get hit to give one!

As for Mannys KO. Thats Boxing. Thats what happens when you fight great fighters on an even playing field. Thats what happens when you fight as often as manny...Rather than once a year or fake retire or go to Jail...:WORD: Thats called avoidance. Now sir kindly STFU:ANWOD:
                  It's okay many of you guys look up to him, but no one would want to get knocked out especially like that. You forgot to mention that's what happens when you're reckless.

Comment

Incredible skill and never gets hit... yeah, I could live with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X