Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia is underrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think he's just undergoing the basic path to stardom. everyone gets underrated at first, and i believe thats a good thing for them to make surprises and upsets. up until they are truly proven, and they are overrated.

being underrated is better than being overrated IMO.. especially if ur a fighter of pure substance. u'll get nothing but upsets and thats only a the beginning of ur career.

way to go danny boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      How anyone can pick him over matthyse is beyond me, people rave about his timing, but that really isn't going to help him much when matthyse is bludgeoning him with sickening punches from the opening bell. This ain't going to be a mid range hook fest or an in and out kangaroo type deal

I'd go matthyse within 4, based on what I've seen including the khan fight where believe it or not garcia showed a lot of flaws
      Well, nobody said Garcia was perfect. But we can all agree on one thing: Khan and Matthysse aren't the same fighter. Garcia won't have to worry about fast combinations and in-and-out movement. Lucas can crack and has technique, he's not a speedster and doesn't need to be to catch Garcia. However, that makes Garcia's task of timing him easier. My official prediction is Matthysse by late stoppage, but a big part of me is hoping that Garcia lands his ice-cold left hook counter and sends Lucas reeling. That would show the boxing public that he is a force to be reckoned with.

Comment

porto ricos last hope.

Comment

Originally posted by jab2theballs View Post
          porto ricos last hope.
          I know Garcia is Puerto rican,but he comes off as a regular dude from the hood..Does Puerto rico even accept him as a Champion of theirs??

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            I know Garcia is Puerto rican,but he comes off as a regular dude from the hood..Does Puerto rico even accept him as a Champion of theirs??
            He doesn't speak Spanish, So I cant see how any real Puerto Ricans will take pride in him.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              My hatred for him is deminishing tbh. If you get passed his grills, ghetto music and his obnoxious father he's not THAT bad.

I'll root for him against Zab Judah and Brnoner
              thats the spirit!
              Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
              He doesn't speak Spanish, So I cant see how any real Puerto Ricans will take pride in him.

who gives a **** if he doesnt speak spanish

Comment

I dont know why people hate so much Puerto Rico but then they watch our fighters perform and suck our balls later when there is a KO....

Dont watch us if you hate us watch your scumbag boxers and then if they KO someone you can say it was pure luck I guess Puertoricans KO by luck and Americans KO by skill is that it?

**** off haters Garcia has more amateur fights than most of the fighters out there with an excellent record the kid was winning all local tournaments but no one knew about him and still have the guts to come here and talk **** about him like they are pro commentators and that is pure BS IMO.

Let the Kid defend his title and give us exciting fights if he loses his next fight then what?

He is a champion right now and thats all that matters

Comment

Judah next??

Meh.

Comment

Yeah he is now only because some people just refuse to give the guy his credit and refuse to believe that he is this good

Some don't like him because he is a Al Haymon fighter, some still upset because his father teased Erik Morales during their first fight weigh in...some don't like him because of his Father...who give a **** about those fans though, all that hate his not going stop Danny Garcia from winning...I am impressed with how Danny has delt with his new Stardom and New Found Fame, he is still the same guy he was when he was fighting on ESPN against Ashley Theophane

Despite all the HATE...he is the Fighter Of The Year IMO! I been a fans and had him in my OLD Signature as one of the future faces of Boxing so YES I can honestly say I see this coming...plus he is one of those fighters that continue to go FORWARD in his Progress and development as a fighter, everytime I see him fight he shows IMPROVEMENT!
                    Last edited by sicko; 11-03-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burner View Post
                      Judah next??

Meh.
                      exactly.This kids taking a step backwards.

Comment

Working...
                      X