Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are gas prices going to continue to go lower and lower???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Is it true that you get taxed over there even if you only make 500 pounds, like 1000 bucks? So technically even a bum on the street collecting cans? Also you get taxed 40% even if you make as little as 35K, about 70K dollars, right? No thanks, between that and getting raped by the Russians to the tune of almost 10 bucks a gal for gas, I'll pass.

To answer the thread, oil prices dropped immediately after Pres Bush lifted the presidential ban on offshore drilling, making speculators nervous. The press that loves to hate on him over here won't give him any credit for it of course. And with Congress going on a 5 week vacation without addressing the energy issue, is it any wonder that they have a 9% approval rating. Controlled quite heavily by, ahem, democrats, I believe.
    If you earn less than 4,000 quid per tax year (8,000 $) you dont pay income tax, only National Insurance (healthcare) which if you're on that sort of money would be about 30$ off of your pay cheque (fortnightly),that was what it was like when i first started working, 7 years back.

Tbh, where i live its far quicker to use public transport than cars (average speed in London is 9mph). If i get the career I've been working for which i can apply for next month I will get a car and wont have to pay for petrol so the prices wont really affect me.

Comment

Working...
    X