No announcement yet.

Guess what y'all, Winning raised their prices on their gloves once more

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what y'all, Winning raised their prices on their gloves once more

Yeah, haven't checked out their site in awhile and earlier today I checked it out. They raised the prices on all their gloves by another $5 un-f**kin'believable.

All the other items have remained the same. I just could not believe it. Those guys are making $$$$$$$

Originally posted by We want Floyd View Post
    Yeah, haven't checked out their site in awhile and earlier today I checked it out. They raised the prices on all their gloves by another $5 un-f**kin'believable.

All the other items have remained the same. I just could not believe it. Those guys are making $$$$$$$
    Yeah I know what you mean. I know the stuff is really great but no doubt overpriced. I mean $230 for an 11 pound medicine ball? I would love to get some Winning stuff but can't justify the prices unless money didn't matter.

Comment

Is the winning gear actually any good? By that I mean, is it worth the cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
        Is the winning gear actually any good? By that I mean, is it worth the cost?
        I've only used the gloves that someone in my gym had and they are great and offer great protection but worth the cost. I would say definitely no. A lot of people who have them will say otherwise but I think it's just to justify what they spent. If you are a proffesional and they are part of your tools to make a living then it may be worth it to you but otherwise I would say no. Im not knocking the equipment, just the prices. They probably have by far the highest markup in the industry. As i said $230 for a 11lb med ball. That should tell you enough.

Comment

No other gloves can compare so i say its worth the price. On all their gear not just gloves. It is your body, protect it.

Comment

Originally posted by I3C727 View Post
            No other gloves can compare so i say its worth the price. On all their gear not just gloves. It is your body, protect it.
            agreed.... and the price is outrageous but if you really want them then you'll get them

Comment

Do they match up well against Reyes and Everlast? I imagine the protection could be similar to Everlast but I can't see any glove beating the Reyes when it comes to solid punching.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                Do they match up well against Reyes and Everlast? I imagine the protection could be similar to Everlast but I can't see any glove beating the Reyes when it comes to solid punching.
                Winning is MUCH better than Everlast for protection. Everlast IMO isn't very good. As far as Reyes' they are pretty much the ultimate punchers glove. your oponent will feel these the most and if you're looking for a fight glove and you have no hand problems then Reyes may be the way to go but for training Winning is awesome. Over time they will protect your hands much better and they actually don't feel big at all. They're great for technique. They are really a great training glove, I just feel the price is crazy but if price is not an issue for you then you will be satisfied.

Comment

reyes suck for training.

the little sticking out triangle in the foam doesnt provide a good striking surface so you can hurt your hands.

Comment

Winning Gloves might be worth it if you have hand problems or wrist problems. I don't have either, I work the bag/mitts at least 4x a week with great intensity and my Rival Gloves suit me fine. I guess it's personal preference, I don't think I could justify paying that much money for equipment unless I was a professional. The headgear might definitely be worth it though, if you sparr a lot, it's a good idea to keep your face protected. You don't want to get your face damaged or your brain for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                    X