No announcement yet.

Mayweather’s Hit List Includes Pacquiao, Mosley, Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    The drug testing isn't/wasn't unreasonable for May 2 = Manny's fault.

Bottom line, the fight happened. He got schooled, and we now know why they weren't so into it then.
    Sure, fight happened. Still doesn't change/erase everything leading up to it.

The result would've been the same (Manny lost) had they fought in any year, but the fact that he waited is clearly blatant and not just something you can brush off (since he has a history of doing it all his career).

Comment

• Originally posted by nveleven View Post
      "Hit list", *****es please.
      A hit list is what a knockout artist makes.
      Mosley had Floyd on Queer Street during opening rounds. Mosley was just too shot (or shocked) to close the show.
      Cotto fight was at least as close as Mayweather/Maidana I, and many wanted a rematch. Cotto left that fight energized for round 13.
      Pac was a clinch/hug/grab/ fest. Both fighters were wary of each other and it was boring as ****. Floyd won, but hardly dominated (if that's your def'n on dominated, then you're a ****ing idiot).
      Hit list.
      More like 2 out of 3 ugly victories, and one dominant performance.
      Looool. Yeah, saltiness.

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
      Sure, fight happened. Still doesn't change/erase everything leading up to it.

The result would've been the same (Manny lost) had they fought in any year, but the fact that he waited is clearly blatant and not just something you can brush off (since he has a history of doing it all his career).
      Manny ducked the fight. His fault. Shane & DLH avoided him also. Their fault. Cotto had no interest when they were both at 140, and Floyd retired for a bit. Nothing he could've done about that. Who am I missing?

I assume you also level the same criticism at Manny right?

Comment

Losers? What did I lose? I don't give two ****s if Floyd wins or loses. I tune in to see an instant classic. We got that w Mayweather/Cotto, but may/pac was a snooze fest w both guys reduced to the lowest punch output of their careers. Real dominant, man.
        Also, only a handful of 'haters' truly felt he wouldn't fight those guys. No one in their right mind thought for a second that he wouldn't fight all three; the question was when would it be.
        You're right. He beat them all. But in dominant fashion? Only Mosley.
        Revisionist history much??
        Last edited by Sweet Jones; 10-01-2015, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Losers? What did I lose? I don't give two ****s if Floyd wins or loses. I tune in to see an instant classic. We got that w Mayweather/Cotto, but may/pac was a snooze fest w both guys reduced to the lowest punch output of their careers. Real dominant, man.
          Also, only a handful of 'haters' truly felt he wouldn't fight those guys. No one in their right mind thought for a second that he wouldn't fight all three; the question was when would it be.
          You're right. He beat them all. But in dominant fashion? Only Mosley.
          And instant classic , who you kidding buddy , lots of things make a classic to different people , Ive seen 3 rounders that were classics and greats go around that were ordinary because the class was so high it null and voided the action , happens all the time , youve got to broaden you perception of boxing and its many facets , if its just a slugfest you want to see go down the bar on Saturday night , or some of these little shows where its none stop throwing haymakers .

Thats all fine but its not elite fast track boxing , this is why most casual fans dont like Floyd because he is too skilled and the opponent is not good enough to take it to him , the few that have he beat them anyway , you have got to understand boxing to appreciate Mayweather , the trainers and fighters know how good he is .

The point of this thread is he named a bunch of fighters he was going to fight , most in here called him a liar and said he would duck them , well he fought them one after the other and beat them all and he fought and beat some of them before Manny did at a weight that suited them not Floyd , lots of time the majority in here said he would get beat destroyed knocked out and ran off , Ive heard it all , he didnt he beat them all , you can bag everything about the wins , but at the end of the day he beat them all and stayed true to his word .
          Last edited by Reloaded; 10-02-2015, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Manny ducked the fight. His fault. Shane & DLH avoided him also. Their fault. Cotto had no interest when they were both at 140, and Floyd retired for a bit. Nothing he could've done about that. Who am I missing?

I assume you also level the same criticism at Manny right?
            I literally just said he was the big reason for it happening early on so I'm giving him his criticism...

I'm calling it like I see it. I'm not biased here for Floyd or Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
              I literally just said he was the big reason for it happening early on so I'm giving him his criticism...

I'm calling it like I see it. I'm not biased here for Floyd or Manny.
              I'm talking about Manny fighting other fighters when it was "convenient". Not just Floyd.

Comment

I'm talking about Manny fighting other fighters when it was "convenient". Not just Floyd.
                Of course. A week or 2 ago in a thread on this site, I had said how Pacquiao ducked Mosley to fight Clottey (after Pacquiao beat Cotto and Mosley called him out and after he had beaten Margarito).

I've said how he didn't want another rematch with Marquez after their 2008 fight. Manny said he wanted to move up to 135 and Marquez was willing to go up as well but he chose Diaz (I don't have a problem with him fighting DLH though. and only took a rematch after it looked more in this favour in 2011.

I'm not saying Manny hasn't done any of that. I'm saying Floyd (who the thread is about) has a much greater history with things like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                  Of course. A week or 2 ago in a thread on this site, I had said how Pacquiao ducked Mosley to fight Clottey (after Pacquiao beat Cotto and Mosley called him out and after he had beaten Margarito).

I've said how he didn't want another rematch with Marquez after their 2008 fight. Manny said he wanted to move up to 135 and Marquez was willing to go up as well but he chose Diaz (I don't have a problem with him fighting DLH though. and only took a rematch after it looked more in this favour in 2011.

I'm not saying Manny hasn't done any of that. I'm saying Floyd (who the thread is about) has a much greater history with things like that.
                  Cool. That's fair enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    In other words he said he would fight a bunch of guys all the haters said he wouldnt fight , he did and he beat them all .

The sour grapes from you guys is enough to make a sea of bitter wine , losers crying a river in here is so pathetic now .
                    ....its been over a year since 5/2/2016 and the tears are overflowing

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
                      Just want to bump this thread for PacBoy and Spoon
                      I did it today just for kicks....the last 5 years on this site was crazy because of May-Pac...those two are the all top d!ckriders I've ever seen a fighter have.

Comment

Working...
                      X