Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing fans should take the time to check out a gym.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing fans should take the time to check out a gym.

Sometimes I wonder how many of these boxing fans have even stepped into the gym. Furthermore, stepping into the ring(even for just sparring) really gives you an idea what being in that ring is like in front of thousands of spectators live.

Maybe then some people wouldn't give so much BS towards some fighters or understand more why some fighters are so successful although they say they lack skill.

I agree. I was a amateur boxer and had every intentions to turn pro but didnt work out, but your are correct. Actually being in the gym training and trying to get fights you will have a whole new respect on the boxing world then always looking from the outside in.

Comment

Getting punched in the face and actually working through the pain you endure in the gym gives you a good amount of insight on fighters. Some people seem to think executing fight plans or beating certain opponents is so easy, but once you get how boxing works you really begin to understand.

Comment

I hope to visit Abel Sanchez Big Bear gym in the near future.

Comment

You would not see the expression "bum" used so freely, thats for sure!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by slickslysmooth View Post
            Sometimes I wonder how many of these boxing fans have even stepped into the gym. Furthermore, stepping into the ring(even for just sparring) really gives you an idea what being in that ring is like in front of thousands of spectators live.

Maybe then some people wouldn't give so much BS towards some fighters or understand more why some fighters are so successful although they say they lack skill.
            Most on here have never seen a punching bag let alone a gym

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX.. View Post
              Most on here have never seen a punching bag let alone a gym
              Ha, going to the gym is what made me enjoy watching the likes of Mayweather.

Comment

I grew up in Germany. Where I was there weren't any boxing gyms around at all. I always loved the sport & when I came back to America (as a teen) the first thing I did was join a local club.

I agree though based on the comments on here you can only tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  You would not see the expression "bum" used so freely, thats for sure!! Ray.
                  Unless you're talking about Brandon Rios.

Comment

Going to an actual boxing gym and sparring will DEFINITELY give you a heightened appreciation for the sport. **** looks so easy until you get in there. Boxing is definitely something you have to do to fully understand it.

Comment

Working...
                    X