Clear All

• Hearn goes in hard on Khan: "What is the excuse?"

From the post fight presser yesterday:

Yes
    64.86%
    No
    35.14%

The poll is expired.

In terms of winning the fans over and Kell Brook's standing in WW right now, yes. However, take both their performances this weekend with a pinch of salt, Gavin is no Algieri It'll be a tough 50/50 fight but as Paul Smith said last night, it's only the people who don't watch much boxing that think Khan has a "glass chin".
    Last edited by SalimShady1212; 05-31-2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
      In terms of winning the fans over and Kell Brook's standing in WW right now, yes.
      I think it's clear that it would be the biggest fight he'd ever be involved in as well as the toughest test of his career.

Comment

He's scared of the reaction/ridicule if he were to lose to Brook considering the domestic rivalry and words exchanged between them. I honestly think he would take Thurman over Brook for less money in order to avoid that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
          In terms of winning the fans over and Kell Brook's standing in WW right now, yes. However, take both their performances this weekend with a pinch of salt, Gavin is no Algieri It'll be a tough 50/50 fight but as Paul Smith said last night, it's only the people who don't watch much boxing that think Khan has a "glass chin".
          I don't think that's true at all.

Khan clearly does have a weak chin. I've watched him since he was 16 years old. He's always been delicate.

Comment

I voted no but this fight would be big in the uk, here in the us nobody really knows Brook, I think Thurman is the toughest test after Mayweather and Pacquiao at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by SAN D13GO VILLAN View Post
              I voted no but this fight would be big in the uk, here in the us nobody really knows Brook, I think Thurman is the toughest test after Mayweather and Pacquiao at 147.
              I saw a lot of Americans in the press conference after Khan's fight asking about Brook - so obviously someone should know him. Add to that, Brook's last 3-4 fights have been on Showtime and I think someone must have watched his fights.

However, do you think Brook would be his toughest test to date? Was rather the question.

Comment

It would be a good fight. Brook by KO or Khan by decision would be the likely outcomes.

As for best win - no, Maidana is more proven than Brook as is Devon Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  I don't think that's true at all.

Khan clearly does have a weak chin. I've watched him since he was 16 years old. He's always been delicate.
                  When he was 16, he won the world junior championship and was stopping people in the amateurs left, right and center. At 17, he won the silver in the olympics and stopped a few of the opponents if I remember correctly. His chin is by no means iron but it certainly not as bad as people make out. Against Prescott he got caught clean, David Tua was stopped bad in 15 seconds in the amateurs. Khan has a decent chin (or Maidana who had a 90% KO ratio should have stopped him with one of those bombs he landed) but bad recovery powers.

Comment

Khan is petrified of Brook, this much is clear. I can understand why he is timid because with Brook's power, I feel confident that Khan gets put to sleep again.

Comment

Working...
                    X