No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia vs Thurman @147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rors_mc View Post
    the fact that pac is supposed to be this atg future hof and fighter of the decade and hes fighting chris algeri is a god dam joke and everyone knows it ! I bet if it was floyd vs algeri you would be running your mouth about floyd . Even funnier that people are comparing a danny garcia fight to pac fight . Shows what standards pple have for pac. Did pac make chris algeri come up in weight ?!? Seeing as how pple say danny made salka come up in weight . This double standard **** has to stop !
    My god, you really are

Algieri is a quality fighter, the fact that you don't think much of him shows how little you know about boxing. Just because you hadn't heard of him until a few months ago, it doesn't mean he's not a good fighter. Algieri is a better fighter than Ortiz, Guerrero and Maidana.

I would have no complaints if Floyd fought Algieri. Algieri can box, we haven't seen Floyd fight a boxer since...Judah? That's almost 8-9 years ago.

And again, you comparing Algieri to Vodka shows how little you know about the sport. Algieri is naturally bigger than Pac, we know Pac isn't a natural welterweight. Vodka is half D.Garcia's size and is ranked #77 at LIGHTWEIGHT. How about you put that very little brain of yours into use?

Comment

Poor fans. All they have are fantasy fights.

Tell me, what are the chances of this fight happening? When is the earliest date this fight could happen? Get real people.

Comment

Originally posted by truth. View Post
        my god, you really are

Algieri is a quality fighter, the fact that you don't think much of him shows how little you know about boxing. Just because you hadn't heard of him until a few months ago, it doesn't mean he's not a good fighter. Algieri is a better fighter than ortiz, guerrero and maidana.

I would have no complaints if floyd fought algieri. Algieri can box, we haven't seen floyd fight a boxer since...judah? That's almost 8-9 years ago.

And again, you comparing algieri to vodka shows how little you know about the sport. Algieri is naturally bigger than pac, we know pac isn't a natural welterweight. Vodka is half d.garcia's size and is ranked #77 at lightweight. How about you put that very little brain of yours into use?
        wow you are halirious , i bet you didnt know who algeri was before the provo fight ! Algeri aint **** and you know it ! And no im not comparing the fighters im comparing the situation . Maidana will kill that kid , are you forgetting that algeri was floored twice in the first round vs provo ?!? For someone of mannys caliber fighting chris algeri on ppv is a god dam joke !

Comment

wow you are halirious , i bet you didnt know who algeri was before the provo fight ! Algeri aint **** and you know it ! And no im not comparing the fighters im comparing the situation . Maidana will kill that kid , are you forgetting that algeri was floored twice in the first round vs provo ?!? For someone of mannys caliber fighting chris algeri on ppv is a god dam joke !
          I hadn't seen him fight before the Provodnikov fight, but I was impressed with him in that fight and checked out a couple of his other fights, one of them being against that Taylor guy Broner is fighting. He won that one comfortably. Algieri is one of the top guys at 140.

Maidana certainly wouldn't 'kill him'. I would pick Algieri to win in a competitive fight. He was dropped by Provodnikov, but he wasn't that badly hurt, he recovered well and showed a good chin. I think Maidana's better than Provodnikov, but not by much, they're on a similar level.

I would prefer to see Pac fight somebody like Thurman or Porter, but unfortunately that's not how boxing works at the moment, with all the network/promotion barriers, Pac's options were limited. I'd rather see him fight Algieri than guys like Provodnikov, Abregu etc.

Comment

Thurman can't even get the guys currently at 147 to fight him, not sure how in the hell will he convince a 140 guy to fight him

Comment

chris algeri doesnt deserve to share a ring with pacquiao , provo is over rated . People should be just as outraged with pac vs algeri just as they were with garcia vs salka . Pac should wipe the floor with this kid !
              Thats sorry as hell. Provodnikov beat Alvarado and couldve easily gotten the nod vs Bradley had there been a competent ref in the ring that night. He was robbed of a TKO win and a couple of KDs that couldve easily given him AT LEAST a draw. Coming into the Provodnikov fight who had Algieri beat (since that is your argument)?

Prior to the Bradley fight who had Provodnikov beaten? And look what happened. On the build up to that fight people used the same argument. Who has Provodnikov beaten? You dont go from ESPN fighters to HBO and beat one of the top guys at 140. Blah blah

Comment

Danns chin is p4p granite.

Thurman is better but his chin scares me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                  thurman cant even beat a shawn porter . depends how well danys power holds up at 147 id pick The cherry picker to win
                  And Porter can't even beat a Keith Thurman.

Comment

Working...
                  X