See the difference.
    Completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Difference is:

Knife wielding attacker injures 22 kids

Gun wielding attacker kills 27, including 20 kids

See the difference.
      This won't change the politcal landscape though.

Sad to say it, but it will probably take a school shooting where 100 children die to maybe even get a proper discussion about gun control.

But 18 children and 8 adults at least died today which is disgusting.

RIP angels and teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
        I believe the differences between the two incidents is clear, what isn't clear is the point you're addressing.

This thread isn't for the purpose of offering a counter balance to the incident that happened in Connecticut, it is to bring awareness to other incidents outside of the US involving attacks on children. Certainly the Connecticut incident is more severe because of the loss of life involved -- but to degrade other assaults against children by introducing comparisons is disturbing as well.

This thread isn't a comparison in any way shape or form, nor was it intended to be.
        Always amazing how people twist themselves in knots to oppose any gun restrictions whatsoever, even to the extent of this very post. The comparison is very obvious. Even when something like this happens though, it is not okay to call for more restrictions, yet the anti-restriction people are always in full force to drive home their anti-gun control agenda before the bodies are even counted.

Eleven facts about guns and mass shootings in the United States

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          Always amazing how people twist themselves in knots to oppose any gun restrictions whatsoever, even to the extent of this very post. The comparison is very obvious. Even when something like this happens though, it is not okay to call for more restrictions, yet the anti-restriction people are always in full force to drive home their anti-gun control agenda before the bodies are even counted.

No point trying to ignore the fact that america has a serious gun problem. Mental people + guns = 18 dead children and however many adults.

America is known for massacres and school shootings. Shame because america is a nice country when i visit.

It's becoming a joke.

Doesn't matter if the bodies aren't counted or not. Guns are out of control bigtime in america and no point trying to make it PC or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Xercen View Post
            No point trying to ignore the fact that america has a serious gun problem. Mental people + guns = 18 dead children and however many adults.

America is known for massacres and school shootings. Shame because america is a nice country when i visit.

It's becoming a joke.

Doesn't matter if the bodies aren't counted or not. Guns are out of control bigtime in america and no point trying to make it PC or not.
            Are you arguing with me? If so reread my post.

Comment

Are you arguing with me? If so reread my post.
              No not arguing with me just saying the time for PC and politics is over.

Obama has spoke and time for action

and yeah yr post is good

Comment

No matter how hard I try, I cannot see the correlation of your post to what I stated.
                My issue was\is to address guys making comparisons between atrocities involving CHILDREN. Though it is clear that the death of innocents will always be the most severe incident, still whether children are being attacked in China, or being murdered in Conn. USA ... remains tragic however you wish to view it. And any comparisons can only raise on one side while lowering on the other -- And that shouldn't be done where innocent children are the targets.

I also, cannot see how the topic got sidetracked to gun control ...

Comment

No matter how hard I try, I cannot see the correlation of your post to what I stated.
                  My issue was\is to address guys making comparisons between atrocities involving CHILDREN. Though it is clear that the death of innocents will always be the most severe incident, still whether children are being attacked in China, or being murdered in Conn. USA ... remains tragic however you wish to view it. And any comparisons can only raise on one side while lowering on the other -- And that shouldn't be done where innocent children are the targets.

I also, cannot see how the topic got sidetracked to gun control ...
                  You can't have it both ways.

Anti-gun control people are always the first to bring up the issue when a shooting happens (only they do so denouncing gun control). Meanwhile, anyone who would raise the need for more gun control in such a case is typically denounced.

Yet, two very similar incidences happen on the same day, one involving a knife and no deaths, the other guns and dozens of deaths, and now anti-gun control people are absolutely blind to the comparison?

The term for that is cognitive dissonance at best or pure dishonesty at worst. It's probably a bit of both though really. In any case, it is only proper for the anti-gun control people to discuss things in such a way as to fit their narrow agenda. No critical thinking attains.

Comment

You can't have it both ways.

Anti-gun control people are always the first to bring up the issue when a shooting happens (only they do so denouncing gun control). Meanwhile, anyone who would raise the need for more gun control in such a case is typically denounced.

Yet, two very similar incidences happen on the same day, one involving a knife and no deaths, the other guns and dozens of deaths, and now anti-gun control people are absolutely blind to the comparison?

The term for that is cognitive dissonance at best or pure dishonesty at worst. It's probably a bit of both though really. In any case, it is only proper for the anti-gun control people to discuss things in such a way as to fit their narrow agenda. No critical thinking attains.
                    It would seem today, that your agenda is to raise the issue of gun control in spite of the word and phrases before you -- Clearly you did not read what I stated on either occasion, which suggests that you are currently subject to your very own classification ... "cognitive dissonance"

Comment

It would seem today, that your agenda is to raise the issue of gun control in spite of the word and phrases before you -- Clearly you did not read what I stated on either occasion, which suggests that you are currently subject to your very own classification ... "cognitive dissonance"
                      You claim to see absolutely no comparison, which is quite ridiculous.

And yeah, I am the one with an agenda.

Comment

Working...
                      X