Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a total couch potato? (Someone who has NOT boxed or sparred?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a total couch potato? (Someone who has NOT boxed or sparred?)

A lot of you won't know what it's like to take a punch, unless you've ever been punched.

That's probably a concept that's gone over the heads of 90% of you popcorn-eating armchair critics, so let me break it down a little more so your small brains can try to comprehend my point, if that's at all possible.

If you've sparred - not necessarily boxed as an am or pro, but sparred - you'll know what it's like to take a punch. If you've never been in a fight or sparred, you won't.

Want me to break it down some more? How about what it's like to be in a ring for 36 minutes, when you're exhausted, and the shots are wearing you down, like when I got hit 187,000 times by Michael Nunn and was robbed of the decision? If you haven't been in that situation, you can't know what it's like.

This is a complex statement, so most of you will be simply unable to grasp it. But why not swing by my online store? I've got Weekend At Bernie's 2 on Betamax, and some William Joppy car bumper stickers.

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    A lot of you won't know what it's like to take a punch, unless you've ever been punched.

That's probably a concept that's gone over the heads of 90% of you popcorn-eating armchair critics, so let me break it down a little more so your small brains can try to comprehend my point, if that's at all possible.

If you've sparred - not necessarily boxed as an am or pro, but sparred - you'll know what it's like to take a punch. If you've never been in a fight or sparred, you won't.

Want me to break it down some more? How about what it's like to be in a ring for 36 minutes, when you're exhausted, and the shots are wearing you down, like when I got hit 187,000 times by Michael Nunn and was robbed of the decision? If you haven't been in that situation, you can't know what it's like.

This is a complex statement, so most of you will be simply unable to grasp it. But why not swing by my online store? I've got Weekend At Bernie's 2 on Betamax, and some William Joppy car bumper stickers.[/B]
    How much you want for those fam?

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
      How much you want for those fam?
      Give me $5000 and I'll throw in the Roy Jones mixtape. Never been opened, still in the sealed packet.

Comment

you don't know how much weight effects fighters unless you have boxed before! hey chad as your trainer i endorse you dropping from 175 to 168 it will be ok! oh wow you got ko'd and looked like a zombie? i wish i had remembered the first sentence in this post! paycheckkkkkkkkkkk baby!

Comment

Give me $5000 and I'll throw in the Roy Jones mixtape. Never been opened, still in the sealed packet.
          Is that the one on cd or cassette tape?

'90's cassette tape Jones>Mid '00 cd Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            you don't know how much weight effects fighters unless you have boxed before! hey chad as your trainer i endorse you dropping from 175 to 168 it will be ok! oh wow you got ko'd and looked like a zombie? i wish i had remembered the first sentence in this post! paycheckkkkkkkkkkk baby!
            Come on now, Daggum, there's no need to take the piss out of the guy, I'd never do that.

Comment

This is a complex statement, so most of you will be simply unable to grasp it. But why not swing by my online store? I've got Weekend At Bernie's 2 on Betamax, and some William Joppy car bumper stickers.
              Is that the one where voodoo/music makes Bernies carcas start dancing???

Comment

Oh no

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/dawsons-t...l-cloud--52855

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
                    Is that the one where voodoo/music makes Bernies carcas start dancing???
                    I have to be honest, I've only seen the original.

Comment

Working...
                    X