Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we about to see a bunch of WWs jump up in weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
    Now it appears the middleweight division is where the big names are swimming. Canelo is the biggest name of all and he moved up there to fight Cotto, and despite his catchweight games there's not much of a chance of him going back. Amir Khan, who never fought a top welterweight, just leapfrogged an entire division to take him on. And now Marquez is talking about moving up to fight Miguel Cotto, probably around the 150-155 lb range. I haven't even mentioned Golovkin who could probably do a good event with any known US fighter.
    They're jumping to the MW division because Cotto and Canelo have made a mockery of the division and the competition is weak. Cotto got beat twice at 154 then moved up and became the MW champion. There is tougher competition at 147 & 154. I can think of 5 fighters in the SWW division that could possibly beat Canelo but only one, maybe two, in the MW division. If the top 5 fighters from 154 moved up to 160 they would immediately be ranked top 10 in the MW division.

Comment

I'm genuinely worried now that Tim Bradley will be allowed to move up and fight Golovkin. That's what this Alvarez/Khan bull**** has opened up a real possibility of.

Comment

Working...
      X