Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debunking the PBC fighters can't fight on HBO Theory Myth and GGG's HBO contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I think he's technically the mando so they really don't need to negotiate. Isn't it like 75/25 champion's favor?
    I'm talking about way before Wade was announced. There was a month stretch of no opponent.

And of course they needed to negotiate in order to make the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      I'm talking about way before Wade was announced. There was a month stretch of no opponent.

And of course they needed to negotiate in order to make the fight.
      The wade fight is a lot easier to make because its less expensive. Wade is probably jerking off knowing he's gonna get $100k.

Comment

I think he's technically the mando so they really don't need to negotiate. Isn't it like 75/25 champion's favor?
        Since it didn't go to purse bid, it must have been negotiated.

The wade fight is a lot easier to make because its less expensive. Wade is probably jerking off knowing he's gonna get $100k.
        I wouldn't be surprised if Wade got a better deal than 25/75 because Haymon could threaten to take it to purse bid, which K2 doesn't want to risk. With the HBO license fee and the gate, the total pool must at least be $2M. My guess he's getting closer to $500k.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Since it didn't go to purse bid, it must have been negotiated.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wade got a better deal than 25/75 because Haymon could threaten to take it to purse bid, which K2 doesn't want to risk. With the HBO license fee and the gate, the total pool must at least be $2M. My guess he's getting closer to $500k.
          well damn. I hope he doesn't yank so hard that BIgpoppapump posts the fight got cancelled.

good points.

Comment

Dunn, with all due respect and I'm saying this politely, but please don't join the gang that provides excuses for this.

Jacobs vs GGG was THE fight to make next. Heck, even an attempt at GGG vs Lara would've been nice. There's no excuse that Team Golovkin never even mentioned Jacobs name. Never even tried.

According to Loeffler himself, not only is Jacobs a bigger and worse matchup for GGG than Canelo, but Tom says Jacobs vs GGG would be HUGE in New York.
            Last edited by Chollo Vista; 02-02-2016, 04:22 PM.

Comment

because wade and khan can't win so HBO made the fights without hesitation. Stevenson can win-hence no fight.
              Huh? Stevenson wanted a split PPV with Showtime. No such thing is happening here it's simply an HBO event.

But this begs the question- if Khan can fight on HBO then why can't Stevenson fight Kovalev on HBO, since Stevenson, like Khan, has no exclusive contract? Seems to me if he wanted to fight on HBO he could unless a). his team won't let him or b). he doesn't want to fight. There is literally no need at all to invovle a second network.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                So what's your issue here? It looks like your main issue is with Dan Rafael's word "banned" and interpreting it in the literal sense. I think everyone knows that no, Haymon isn't literally banned from HBO. Are the two working together? Not really, no. Are there exceptions? Yes, typically small stuff and once in a while purse bids (forced fights). Will any significant fights happen between HBO & Haymon in the upcoming future? It doesn't appear that way, but I'm sure we're all hoping they can kiss & make up for the sake of boxing.
                Hopefully we get the fights that need to happen from here on out.

But HBO can't have it their way all the time and then go crying when they don't. If HBO causes a fight not to happen, like they've done before, unbiased fans need to hold them to the fire.

Comment

• OP, I think you're completely right about the Haymon ban not being a real ban. I've been saying the same thing for a while. Basically, Haymon only prevents fighters from fighting on HBO when it's convenient. When it's not worth the risk/money, not pettiness. HBO also only prevents Haymon fighters on their networks when it's convenient. They'll do what's best for their own interest. The HBO ban is only real to the extent that the won't let Haymon fighters have mismatches on their network unless they have an exclusive contract with HBO. HBO exclusive fighters can have all the mismatches they want if it suits their agenda.

But I don't agree with you harping on about GGG ducking Jacobs negotiations. I think it's pretty clear why doesn't isn't happening next.
                  Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Huh? Stevenson wanted a split PPV with Showtime. No such thing is happening here it's simply an HBO event.

But this begs the question- if Khan can fight on HBO then why can't Stevenson fight Kovalev on HBO, since Stevenson, like Khan, has no exclusive contract? Seems to me if he wanted to fight on HBO he could unless a). his team won't let him or b). he doesn't want to fight. There is literally no need at all to invovle a second network.
                  Completely different financial situations.

Comment

But I don't agree with you harping on about GGG ducking Jacobs negotiations. I think it's pretty clear why doesn't isn't happening next.

Of course I was right about Haymon fighters not being banned from HBO. I've only spent the last few months trying to tell you guys.

Secondly, It's the #1 MW vs #2 MW that was never even attempted at negotiating.

According to Loeffler, it makes HUGE $$$ in NY. There's no excuse why this fight isn't happening next or shouldn't have at least been negotiated from Team GGG like they do everyone else.

And I don't want to hear about "Da belts doe"
                    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 02-02-2016, 04:45 PM.

Comment

OP, I think you're completely right about the Haymon ban not being a real ban. I've been saying the same thing for a while. Basically, Haymon only prevents fighters from fighting on HBO when it's convenient. When it's not worth the risk/money, not pettiness. HBO also only prevents Haymon fighters on their networks when it's convenient. They'll do what's best for their own interest. The HBO ban is only real to the extent that the won't let Haymon fighters have mismatches on their network unless they have an exclusive contract with HBO. HBO exclusive fighters can have all the mismatches they want if it suits their agenda.

Completely different financial situations.
                      The "ban" was something that lasted a few months with Ken Hershman and I don't think it was ever meant to be a literal & permanent ban, just Hershman was tired of Haymons sh it. We knew the ban ended the moment a Haymon fighter fought on HBO (maybe that was Vanes vs Lara or something like that I forget which one). Typically though it only happened though with purse pids (like Vanes vs Lara and there were a couple other low-key fights as well) and neither side has been interested in working with each other for the most part.

I know the financial situations are completely different but why does that matter if Stevenson doesn't have any obligation to Showtime? He would be getting the same amount of money regardless if it's HBO/Showtime or just HBO. There really is no need for two networks to do a joint PPV on a PPV that MIGHT sell 250k buys, it just doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X