Collapse
No announcement yet.

[rant about ufc vs boxing] pretty pointless thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFC gets all the fights they want? yeh sure..

Comment

Originally posted by saint laurent
      Nobody in boxing is on the same page. The sport is riddled with conflicting interests, short sighted business practices and the fans getting used and abused every step of the way.
      [B]
      I agree 100%. But people don't trust Haymon because of his horrendous matchmaking.

People can make all sorts of excuses for why fans criticise promoters, but what it all boils down to is matchmaking. If Haymon had taken the huge stable he assembled and immediately started putting closely ranked guys in with each other then people would have believed. But instead we got 2014, one of the worst years in the sport that anyone can remember.

Haymon supporters kept saying that Al's big matchmaking extravaganza was right around the corner. But it never arrived. We got Garcia-Salka instead, the ultimate symbol of everything people object to in the Haymon enterprise.

You cannot trust anyone who keeps delaying the right thing until this or that condition is satisfied. And there's no reason at all to believe that Haymon will change his stripes if he has total control. This isn't just about Haymon, there would be no reason to believe Arum would do it either. I think boxing is so hopelessly corrupted that it would take strong outside influence to end the fragmentation in the sport. Sadly I don't see where that's going to come from.

Comment

Originally posted by saint laurent
        Nobody in boxing is on the same page. The sport is riddled with conflicting interests, short sighted business practices and the fans getting used and abused every step of the way.

It's simply no way for a proper sport to be run. Like I've said many times, the best thing for the fans would be for an elite boxing league to emerge.
        This is the core problem with boxing. You got all these chiefs running around pushing & pulling things for their own best outcome & no one is looking out for boxing. Just about every sport out there has some centralized power structure that governs their sport, unlike boxing, & allows the best to compete against the best.

Boxing has a bunch of mfers looking out for their own self-interest. Its like a circus how boxing is ran. Its really no surprise boxing operates as it does with all these mismatches & marinating when its all about certain networks, promoters, fighters, alphabet groups & managers getting their way more than the greater good & legacy of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          I agree 100%. But people don't trust Haymon because of his horrendous matchmaking.
          Haymon no doubt has flaws. The problem is most of Haymon's flaws are boxings flaws to. Haymon didn't invent mismatches & marinating. He's just trying to operate in that environment like everyone else.

If (a huge if) Haymon via PBC can get a NFL, NBA or UFC like league of elite boxers happening in boxing within the next 6-10 years than its a game changer for the sport & any issues with Haymon from 2014 or whatever issues you got with him will seem like fly **** on your window by then.

Comment

1 umbrella.

Why im rooting for PBC

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Keane View Post
              ^^^^ how many UFC fighters have been done for PED's recently? Loads even Joe Rogan UFC biggest fan boy says the sport is riddled with PED's. Don't make silly comments.
              Exactly. Fighters get caught and punished in the UFC. In boxing they all collude together to sweep it under the rug, or have zero testing other than fight night. Testing is a joke in boxing, because they don't care if fighters cheat.

And UFC doesn't even allow testosterone replace therapy, which is still legal in boxing with a waiver. UFC catches their cheats and punishes them, every time. If someone, somehow does get caught in boxing nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by KOVALEVKO View Post
                Boxing has a Anthony Joshua, Canelo Alvarez and Felix Verdejo for the future...

McGregor is not even close to Floyd/Pacquiao/Klitschko level in terms of global popularity.
                I hear you man I do. I love all of those boxers but they aren't Conor. It's simple math. Conor is on pace to be the biggest draw in the history of combat sports. His next ppv fight is predicted to break 3 million buys.
                Last edited by SouthPawHitman; 12-14-2015, 01:38 PM.

Comment

UFC has only just banned TRT... didn't Peterson get banned? didn't Dillian Whyte? UFC has had to clamp down because the amount of PED's users getting caught was making a mockery of the sport. Stop twisting reality to suit your agenda.

UFC records have much more to do with being able to lose in different ways than quality opposition. In boxing if your aren't the better boxer 9/10 times you will lose, in UFC you could be a kick boxer and fight a wrestler/judo player a couple of times on the bounce and take a few L's. Then beat a few inferior striker based fighters and win.

Comment

i just wish boxing was run under 1 organization

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Keane View Post
                      UFC has only just banned TRT... didn't Peterson get banned? didn't Dillian Whyte? UFC has had to clamp down because the amount of PED's users getting caught was making a mockery of the sport. Stop twisting reality to suit your agenda.

UFC records have much more to do with being able to lose in different ways than quality opposition. In boxing if your aren't the better boxer 9/10 times you will lose, in UFC you could be a kick boxer and fight a wrestler/judo player a couple of times on the bounce and take a few L's. Then beat a few inferior striker based fighters and win.
                      Agreed. Green K sent.

The level of talent and skill is so much greater in MMA than boxing. So that's why you'll see guys with a couple of loses. Plus the smaller gloves. Really MMA has most of the real hittas out there.

I mean did you guys see McGregor and Rockhold? Boxing unfortunately doesn't have that level of athlete.

Comment

Working...
                      X