No announcement yet.

Ali's mean side

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
    Everybody has a dark (mean, if you will) side and Ali is no exception. Exibitted inside the ring with his 'corporal punishment' of Terrell, Patterson, and his general taunting, name-calling (Bear, rabbit, gorilla, washerwoman, etc.) of opponents before and during fights. To put his "meanness" in perspective, with the exception of the Terrell/Patterson boxing lessons, Ali was generally good-natured and playful with his pre-fight psychological warfare.
    At least he never threatened to eat anyone's children...

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
      At least he never threatened to eat anyone's children...
      I saw a talk show where mr Tyson watched a replay of himself at the Lennox Lewis Press conference where he physically try to fight right then. His comment was that a that he should have been tazzed.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
        yes,,,Ill never forget all the people that despised ali back then but he seemed to turn many people around after that sad holmes fight
        Think it was turned around a lot sooner than that. The third Frazier fight, when he came out and gave Frazier all the credit in the world really earned him the respect of many.

Also the Foreman fight.

Comment

Terrel was a big lump who remained in a defensive shell for most of that fight. I don't agree with the notion that Ali deliberately carried him with the intention of beating him up.

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
          I saw a talk show where mr Tyson watched a replay of himself at the Lennox Lewis Press conference where he physically try to fight right then. His comment was that a that he should have been tazzed.

What's funny about he whole thing is that Lewis didn't even have children at that time.

Comment

Working...
          X