No announcement yet.

Which country makes the best music?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    Music is subjective. There is no overrated in music, unless we're talking about actual vocals and instrument skills.

You ever roll on some x and listen to a Radiohead album?
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think Radiohead is "too weird" or anything. In fact, it's sort of the opposite: I find them very plain.

Comment

Originally posted by Le samouraï View Post
      The only American group you mentioned I consider great is The Doors. As for Radiohead, I have to say, I think they're seriously overrated.

i believe the opposite, actually. i think the doors are overrated as all get out in the advent of the death of jim morrison.

radiohead is a great, great band.

you've heard all of radiohead's music and still don't care for it?

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Radiohead is "too weird" or anything. In fact, it's sort of the opposite: I find them very plain.
        Don't get me wrong either. I'm not some Radiohead fanboy, but if we're talking about singular albums. I have to put In Rainbows in my top 3 all time.

And I'm not a rock junkie. I listen to everything.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          i believe the opposite, actually. i think the doors are overrated as all get out in the advent of the death of jim morrison.

radiohead is a great, great band.

you've heard all of radiohead's music and still don't care for it?
          The Doors are overrated. Just not as much so as Radiohead, in my opinion.

Yes, indeed I have. Frankly, they sound like a pretty normal pop band to me. A little more artsy flavor thrown in, but a pop band nonetheless. I've never understood the huge following.

Is OK Computer still generally considered their best by most people? I see BUNGALOWS likes In Rainbows. Frankly, I don't even think OK Computer is the best record of '97. It's not "bad", though.
          Last edited by samouraï; 01-16-2014, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Germany? Gtfo with that...late eighteen-early nineteenth century ok Germany-Austria wins hands down but not twentieth century.

US is first ...blues/jazz/Broadway musicals/movie sountracks....everyone else is tied for second place except France which is last. Ravel and Debussey are beyond one hundred years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              Germany? Gtfo with that...late eighteen-early nineteenth century ok Germany-Austria wins hands down but not twentieth century.

US is first ...blues/jazz/Broadway musicals/movie sountracks....everyone else is tied for second place except France which is last. Ravel and Debussey are beyond one hundred years.
              Not a fan of Can, Kraftwerk, Neu!, etc?

Comment

The Doors are overrated. Just not as much so as Radiohead, in my opinion.

Yes, indeed I have. Frankly, they sound like a pretty normal pop band to me. A little more artsy flavor thrown in, but a pop band nonetheless. I've never understood the huge following.

Is OK Computer still generally considered their best by most people? I see BUNGALOWS likes In Rainbows. Frankly, I don't even think OK Computer is the best record of '97. It's not "bad", though.

OK computer is probably radiohead's most popular album. it's got a lot of the tracks that people associate with radiohead.

not too sure how much radiohead you've really heard if you're passing them off as a run of the mill british pop band, doggie. you'll certainly be in the minority with that assessment. 18 years went by between pablo honey and king of limbs, and a lot rich, diverse music was produced.

Comment

Not a fan of Can, Kraftwerk, Neu!, etc?

i'm not familiar at all with the other two, but i'm quite familiar with kraftwerk. they had a very new sound, but was the impact of that era of german music really on a tier with the impact of american and UK music?

Comment

I'm talking about modern music (let's say the last 100 years or so) for the sake of this conversation. Which country has created the greatest music? Back it up. Try not to choose a place only because you were born in X or you're of Y descent. We're talking purely about the quality of the music here. Be as objective as you can.

I made a poll, but don't take it too seriously. Many countries were left off and if your country of choice isn't there, simply mentio it here. There are too few poll slots to accommodate everyone.
                    Belgium is pretty decent.....Netsky is a beast. His music is sick for working out.

Comment

Le samourai. Take a listen. You will LOVE this album. Don't skip any tracks, and listen to the whole album. That's the best way.

Comment

Working...
                      X